APLD Bay Area DESIGNER FORUM SERIES:
Designing Hell Strips
A MEMBERS ONLY round table discussion about the challenges of designing and maintaining plantings in parking strips and other narrow & high traffic spaces. Including these topics:
- Which street trees are least likely to heave sidewalks?
- Curb cuts for storm water capture - are any cities allowing?
- Which are the toughest walkable groundcovers?
- Edibles in the strip? Is that a good idea?
Please feel free to bring images of successful parking strips you have designed.
This program = 1.0 APLD CEU
About the Designer Forum Series
APLD members gather in small groups to share ideas and conduct round-table discussions about a particular topic. Refreshments provided.
Space is very limited and advanced online registration required.If you later find you cannot attend, please request a refund at BAprograms@apldca.org ASAP so that we can make your space available to someone
Avoid a little rush hour traffic...
...and come early and visit a few APLD CA sponsors in the general area:
- Lyngso Building Materials -345 Shoreway Rd, San Carlos
- Peninsula Building Materials Showroom: 2490 Charleston Rd., Mountain View
- Pacific Nurseries- 2499 Hillside Blvd, Colma
- The Urban Farmer Store -2833 Vicente St, San Francisco
- Ewing Irrigation - 900 Industrial Rd, San Carlos & 866 S McGlincy Ln, Campbell
...check out other interesting things in the general area:
- Elizabeth Gamble Garden- 1431 Waverley St, Palo Alto
- Filoli Estate Garden- 86 Cañada Road, Woodside, CA 94062
- Hakone Estate & Gardens - 21000 Big Basin Way, Saratoga
...stay late for a bite at a Palo Alto eatery:
- Cafe Brioche - 445 California Ave, PA
- Celia’s - 3740 El Camino, PA
- The Green Elephant - 3950 Middlefield, PA
- Il Fornaio - 520 Cowper, PA
- Indochine - 2710 Middlefield, PA
- Joanie’s - 405 California Ave, PA
- Mike’s - 2600 Middlefield, PA
- Osteria - 247 Hamilton, PA
- Reposado - 236 Hamilton, PA