Actions and Detail Panel
DESIGNER FORUM SERIES: A New Life for Old Concrete
Tue, September 12, 2017, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM PDT
A New Life for Old Concrete
A members-only round-table discussion about ways that designers can take old concrete landscape surfaces and transform them, including:
- Determining if the old concrete is salvageable.
- Cleaning and crack repair.
- Various concrete stain techniques and products.
- Resurfacing with top dressings, micro toppings & stamped overlays.
- Resurfacing with stone, tile and brick veneers.
- Saw cutting new edges.
This program = 1.0 APLD CEU
About The APLD Bay Area DESIGNER FORUM SERIES
These programs are for APLD members only. We meet in small groups to share ideas and conduct round-table discussions about a particular topic. Light refreshments provided.
Space is very limited in these forums and advanced online registration required. If you later find you cannot attend, please request a refund at BAprograms@apldca.org ASAP so that we can make your space available to someone else.
Avoid a little rush hour traffic...
...and come early and visit a few APLD CA sponsors in the general area:
- Devil Mountain Wholesale Nursery, 9885 Alcosta Blvd, San Ramon
- Brickyard Building Materials, 2449 Bates AvenueConcord
- Ogawa-Mune Nursery, 123 Mayhews Rd, Fremont
- Peninsula Building Materials, 6610 Brisa St., Livermore
- Vision Recycling, 6756 Central Ave, Newark
- The Urban Farmer Store, 2121 San Joaquin St, Richmond
- Ewing Irrigation, 6640 Sierra Ln, Dublin & 2462 Polvorosa Ave, San Leandro
...check out other interesting things in the general area:
- UC Botanical Garden at Berkeley, 200 Centennial Dr, Berkeley
- Tilden Regional Parks Botanic Garden, Shasta Rd, Berkeley
- The Ruth Bancroft Garden, 1552 Bancroft Rd, Walnut Creek
...stay late for a bite at a Lafayette eatery:
- Chow - 53 Lafayette Cir
- Metro Lafayette - 3524 Mt Diablo Blvd
- Postino - 3564 Mt Diablo Blvd
- Pizza Antica - 3600 Mt Diablo Blvd
- Rustic Tavern -3576 Mt Diablo Blvd