'Continuing Education & Networking Event'
May 15, 2014
6 AIA HSW Credit Hours
8:00 AM Registration
Morning pastries, fruit and coffee provided.
8:30 - 9:30 PM (8:30-9:20am confirmed by DR)
Surface Innovation - Redefining Boundaries of Interior and Exterior Spaces with Ultracompact Surfacing – ‘Dekton by Cosentino’
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #:COS06E
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Presenter: Jeff Cannata
In this course, we explore a cutting edge surfacing technology, ultracompact surfacing. Gain insight
into how this surfacing material possesses the same characteristics of natural stone while providing
unmatched color and design flexibility.
1. Discuss the evolution of surfaces and the various types of surfacing material for interior and
2. Define ultracompact surfacing and the innovative production process that creates
intrinsically unique properties.
3. Discuss designing with ultracompact surfaces in terms color, texture, and format.
4. Discuss the advantages of compact surfaces in terms of strength, durability, chemical
resistance, absorption, abrasion resistance, and ASTM testing.
5. Identify possible interior/exterior application options with ultracompact surfacing material.
9:40 - 10:40 AM (9:30-10:25 am)
Use of Snow Retention Devices: Science or Fiction?
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ISF07A
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Presenter: Harry Lubitz
Discover the art and science of snow control and its effects, such as snow migration on rooftops
of structures. Learn about the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention,
as well as the do's and don’ts of retention devices, product selection, and site specifics.
1. Describe the history of snow control on rooftops
2. Explain when and where you should or shouldn't use snow retention devices
3. List the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention
4. List the common pitfalls of product selection and site specifics
5. Describe how to value engineer snow retention systems without sacrificing performance
6. Explain the proper selection and specification of snow guards.
10:50 - 11:50 AM (10:35-11:35am)
Improving Energy Efficiency and Air Quality with HVAC Duct Sealants
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour | AIA Course #: ICH23A
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Carlisle Hardcast
Presenter: Tim Eorgan
Describe environmental concerns over energy issues and explain how HVAC air leakage contributes to these concerns. Describe the reasons why sealing ductwork is critical to maximizing HVAC system efficiency. Explain duct sealing options and list the advantages of each. Describe how sealing ductwork can improve indoor air quality.
12:00 PM Lunch will be provided
12:30 - 1:30 PM 12:00-1:00pm)
EPDM Defining the Standard for 50 years
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: SDR113
Provider: Carlisle Construction Materials
Presenter: Rob Mulaney
Participants will learn the features and benefits of EPDM roofing solutions that have been proven to perform as well as advancements in technology that contribute to higher quality installations and long term service life.
1:40 - 2:40 PM (1:10 - 2:30pm)
Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IMU07E
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Bill Walker
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone coated metal
roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown and
system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation
will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
1. Define stone coated metal.
2. Depict how stone coated metal roofing is manufactured.
3. Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
4. Describe the installation methods for stone coated metal roofing systems.
5. Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a
project earning LEED certification.
6. Describe how stone coated metal roofing systems are energy efficient & Energy Star
7. Explain the cost benefits of stone coated metal roofing systems.
2:50 - 3:50 PM (2:40 - 3:45pm)
Drafting an Understanding of Polished Concrete
1 AIA HSW Credit Hour | AIA Course #: AFP1
AIA Provider: CureCrete - AIA Provider #: J550
Presenter: Deke Rife
Understanding Polished Densified Concrete utilizing the RetroPlate System of polished concrete.
1. Densified Polished Concrete
2. Identify the challenges, disadvantages of using floor coatings and membranes as opposed to
chemical densifiers. Identify the advantages of using chemical densifiers over floor coatings
3. Learn how the process of concrete densification eliminates the need for additional applications,
and can enhance the overall performance of concrete for the life of the floors, when using the
right chemical densifier product.
4. Identify the added benefits that polishing can add to densified concrete and the low life cycle cost
factor when compared to other types of flooring materials and coverings such as tile, terrazzo.
This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.