The Hip Hinge 101 Workshop is presented by: Matthew Ibrahim and Dr. Zak Gabor.
Our hybrid team approach gives you the insight of both a Doctor of Physical Therapy and Strength & Conditioning Coach, providing a unique experience through a hands-on practical workshop, as we bridge the gap between rehabilitation and performance. Attendees will walk away with the necessary tools to better treat, train, and coach their clients in a collaborative sports medicine and performance team setting with respect to the hip hinge pattern and deadlift variations.
Attendees Will Learn:
• The importance of the hip hinge for injury-prevention, movement, and performance
• A systematic assessment and screening approach for evaluating the Lumbo-Pelvic (Hip) Complex
• A step-by-step process to setting your foundation through breathing, bracing, spinal stiffness, and core training principles
• How to transition a client from the treatment table to the training floor through deadlift training progressions and regressions with hands-on coaching and cueing
• Fitness professionals (Strength Coaches, Personal Trainers, Performance Specialists, etc.)
• Rehabilitation professionals (PT's, PTA's, DC's, LMT's, ATC's, etc.)
• Students (Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Health Science, Kinesiology, DPT, DC, PhD, MS, etc.)
• Athletes and clients looking to enhance their hip hinge movement and performance
• 9:00am–9:30am - The Importance of a Proper Hip Hinge for Lower Back Health
• 9:30am–10:45am - Assessment and Screening of Lumbo-Pelvic (Hip) Complex
• 10:45am–12:00pm - Breathing Capacities, Bracing Strategies and Core Development
• 12:00pm–12:45pm - Lunch Break
• 12:45pm–2:00pm - Master the Hip Hinge: Warm-Up, Correctives, Progressions & Regressions
• 2:00pm–3:15pm - Master the Deadlift: Training Applications & Considerations
• 3:15pm–4:30pm - Hands-On Deadlift Coaching and Cueing for Attendees
• 4:30pm–5:00pm - Long-Term Resilience: Recovery & Regeneration
• General Admission Early Bird – $199
• General Admission Regular – $249
• Student Early Bird – $149
• Student Regular – $199
(Students: School ID Proof Required)
• Pricing ends 4 weeks before workshop date.
• Full refunds are allowed greater than 1 month in advance of the workshop date. No refunds will be given less than 1 month before the workshop.
Check out more information from Matthew at www.mobility-101.com and Zak at www.bostonptwellness.com.