Department Operations Center (DOC) Finance and Administration Section Training
Conducted by the San Francisco Controller’s Office in partnership with the San Francisco Department of Emergency Management
April 19, 2017
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Registration begins at 7:30 am. Please anticipate approximately 20 minutes for parking/public transportation, as parking is not offered at the EOC.
**Course will be cancelled if the minimum enrollment of 10 participants is not met 24 hours prior**
Overview of the Finance & Administration Section Training:
The Department Operations Centers (DOCs) are where departments coordinate support for their emergency response resources assigned to the field following an emergency, disaster or planned event. DOCs coordinate with the San Francisco Emergency Operations Center (EOC) as part of San Francisco’s emergency response organization, as described in the City & County of San Francisco (CCSF) Emergency Response Plan.
The Finance & Administration Section of each DOC is responsible for providing coordinated financial and administrative support to other DOC Sections and field responders. This includes:
- Cost Tracking,
- Accounts Payable and Vendor Payments,
- Loss Estimation,
- Monitoring of Expenditures and Revenues,
- Timekeeping, and
- Coordination and communication with the EOC and Controller’s Office.
This training will also provide an overview of considerations for recovering costs once the response phase has ended and the recovery phase begins.
Purpose of the Finance & Administration Section Training:
This training is designed to give the participant an overview of DOC Finance & Administration Section policies and procedures, and tools to assist assigned personnel. Participants will better understand:
- The role of the Controller’s Office in supporting DOC Finance & Administration Sections with policies, tools, and other assistance;
- How to apply the various DOC Finance & Administration tools provided;
- Standardized DOC Finance Section positions and associated roles and responsibilities; and
- Coordination and communication between the DOC Finance Section, EOC, and Controller’s Office in an emergency.
- All City & County of San Francisco personnel who have an assignment in the Finance & Administration Section of their Department Operations Center (DOC). This includes finance and payroll personnel.
- Other interested personnel.
Course Length: 3 hours
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this training.
IS-700 National Incident Management System (NIMS)
IS-800 National Response Framework (NRF)
ICS-100 Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS)
ICS-200 ICS for Single Resources & Initial Action Incidents
All of these courses are available online at the FEMA training website: http://training.fema.gov/IS/crslist.asp
Please also review the following online resources:
Controller’s Office SF Prepared webpage: http://sfcontroller.org/sfprepared
CCSF Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and ESF 5 Annex: http://www.sfdem.org/index.aspx?page=4
Certification: All students who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate, jointly issued by the Controller’s Office and DEM.
Valid photo identification is required. Personal belongings such as bags/purses are subject to inspection at the discretion of Sheriff Deputies.
Course Enrollment Minimum Policy: In order to maximize our resources, we expect the course to meet the minimum enrollment of 10 participants. If the minimum is not met 24 hours prior, the course will be CANCELLED and you will be notified.
PLEASE NOTE: In consideration of people using DEM facilities who have sensitivities to various chemical-based or scented products, DEM requests your cooperation to accommodate these health concerns. DEM strongly recommends that all offices and spaces used by visitors remain free of scented products.
City & County of San Francisco Emergency Operations Center
1011 Turk Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
(Between Gough and Laguna)
Getting there: Turk Street is one-way west-bound; Gough Street is one-way south-bound; Golden Gate Avenue is one-way east-bound; and Laguna Street is two-way, north-south. 1011 Turk Street is on the south side of the street in the middle of the block.
Please note: on-site parking is not available. There are meters on Turk Street - $1/hour and unlimited parking from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Parking is free at the meters from 6:01p.m. - 8:59a.m.Do not park in the back parking lot, or in the restricted area on Turk Street; these areas are reserved for building employees and you may be ticketed or towed. This applies to City vehicles and Fire and Law Enforcement vehicles as well as private vehicles. Due to the number of vehicle break-ins, street cleaning and time limit restrictions, it is strongly recommended that you use one of the nearby pay parking facilities. The closest garage is Opera Plaza Garage – the entrance is on Golden Gate Avenue between Van Ness Avenue and Franklin Street. The cost is $18 / day. There is also a small parking lot on Golden Gate Avenue between Gough and Franklin that is $9 / day.
1011 Turk Street is served by the following Muni lines:
- the 31 Balboa stop is one block north (Eddy / Laguna)
- the 5 Fulton stop is two blocks south and two and a half blocks east (McAllister / Van Ness)
- the 47 Van Ness stop is two and a half blocks east (Van Ness / Turk / Eddy)
- the 49 Van Ness – Mission stop is two and a half blocks east (Van Ness / Turk / Eddy)
- exit the train at the Embarcadero BART Station
- exit the station via the Market / Drumm exit (north side)
- locate the Muni bus stop at Market and Drumm (31 Balboa trolley bus)
- board the outbound (westbound) 31 Balboa ($2.25, exact change only)
- exit the trolley at Eddy and Laguna
- walk south one block on Laguna Street
- walk one-half block east on Turk to 1011 Turk Street.
Food will not be permitted in the EOC, only capped beverages will be allowed. Coffee/tea must be in sealed travel mugs, not in take-away (to-go) cups. Beverages in capped bottles are also allowed. The lunchroom on the first floor has vending machines available to purchase drinks and snacks. There are also a number of restaurants approximately 5-6 blocks away from the EOC, primarily on Van Ness Avenue, Fillmore Street and Hayes Street. You are welcome to bring food and eat in the lunchroom, however, refrigeration space will not be made available.