In Puppet Fundamentals students will learn the Right Way to manage a infrastructure. Students will start by installing Puppet Enterprise, then learn Puppet Best Practices and use Puppet to write simple classes, and update and extend existing modules. Puppet will be taught through a combination of lecture and relevant, real world, hands-on exercises.
What You Will Learn to Help You Solve Problems
- The fundamental component roles that make up Puppet Enterprise (and Puppet Open Source).
- The core concepts for the Puppet DSL, including:
- Modules and Classes
- Language Constructs
- Separating logic from presentation by using Templates.
- Modeling repeatable portions of your configuration by using Defined Resource Types.
- Building a foundation for building more complex configurations by using Advanced Classes:
- Parameterized Classes
- Introduction to Inheritance
- Introduction to Data Separation using Hiera
- Revisiting Classification using parameterized classes & ADB
- An introduction to using modules from the Puppet Forge and Supported Modules.
- A brief introduction to the Roles and Profiles design pattern.
Who Should Attend
In this course, we expect students to have little to no experience with Puppet Enterprise (or Puppet Open Source) and are looking to build a foundation for future growth, experience, and knowledge. Attendees should have at least the equivalent experience of a junior Unix/Linux administrator.
Cost: $2,195 for Early Bird and $2,395 for Standard
Cancellations by Customer
- Training fees will not be refunded for cancellations by Customer at any time.
- You may reschedule or request a credit for a future class of equal value delivered by Puppet Labs up to 2 weeks (14 calendar days) prior to the start of the class. All credits must be used within 1 year of the original class date and a maximum of 2 reschedule/credit requests is permitted per registration.
- You will forfeit the class fees if you cancel your registration less than 2 weeks (14 calendar days) prior to the start of the class. However, you may designate someone else to attend the class in your place at any time up to the start of course provided that Puppet Labs is notified in writing of the substitution prior to the class.
Cancellations by Puppet Labs:
- Puppet Labs reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a class at any time.
- In the event of cancellation by Puppet Labs other than for circumstances outside of its control, you may reschedule for another class of equal value delivered by Puppet Labs or select a full refund of any fees paid for the class.
- In the event Puppet Labs must cancel a class due to circumstances beyond its control (e.g., weather, natural disaster), Puppet Labs will issue Customer a credit for the amounts paid to be used for a future class delivered by Puppet Labs within 1 year of the original class date.
- Puppet Labs is not, in any way, responsible for any other costs incurred by Customer in relation to the class (e.g., travel expenses, lost business time).