Denver, CO " Continuing Education and Networking Event"
October 24, 2013
4 AIA HSW CE Hours
"Gift Card Drawings at conclusion of Event" Sponsored by "Ron Blank & Associates, Inc"
07:45 AM Registration
08:00 - 09:00 AM
Updated Course - Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IMU07E - Updated July 2013
AIA Provider: InfoSpec
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Rick Davis
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone coated metal
roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown and
system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation
will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
1. Define stone coated metal.
2. Depict how stone coated metal roofing is manufactured.
3. Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
4. Describe the installation methods for stone coated metal roofing systems.
5. Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
6. Describe how stone coated metal roofing systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
7. Explain the cost benefits of stone coated metal roofing systems.
09:10 - 10:10 AM
Continuous Insulation and Air Barriers for High Performance Framed Wall Assemblies
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: BL0003 / 2013
Provider: Dryvit Systems, Inc.
Presenter: JW Mollohan
Recent changes to Energy Codes such as the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and
ASHRAE Standard 90.1 are substantially increasing requirements for continuous insulation (ci) and
air barrier integration into building envelope walls. Implementation of these new energy codes demand high performance framed wall assemblies demonstrating increased energy efficiency and overall reduced energy consumption for the life of the building to which they are applied. This program examines all IECC and IBC 2012 code criteria that influence the design and construction of building envelope framed walls as well as the challenges associated with the integration of continuous insulation (ci) behind traditional veneer claddings such as increased wall thickness and support structure, their direct increase to cost of construction as well as the coordination of air barrier compatibility and overall code defined fire performance requirements. Attendees will specifically learn what these code criteria are, how they affect a traditional framed wall assembly design and detailing and how continuous insulation (ci) and air barriers can be implemented into a successful, code complaint, cost effective and high performance building envelope for new or renovation construction.
10:20 - 11:20 AM
Writing Specifications for Sustainable Projects
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour | AIA Course #: ISP00A
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: SpexPlus, Inc.
Presenter: Craig Haney
· This one hour course will help the design professional to understand specifications for
sustainable projects and best practices when specifying green products.
· We will compare and contrast the differences between sustainable project specifications
and those used for traditional projects while helping the design professional differentiate
between legitimately sustainable products and those that have been green washed.
· This course will conclude with a brief Q&A with our subject matter expert.
11:30 - 12:30 PM
Use of Snow Retention Devices: Science or Fiction?
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ISF07A
AIA Provider: InfoSpec Inc.
Presenter: Shawn Haddock
Discover the art and science of snow control and its effects, such as snow migration on rooftops
of structures. Learn about the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention,
as well as the do's and don’ts of retention devices, product selection, and site specifics.
1. Describe the history of snow control on rooftops
2. Explain when and where you should or shouldn't use snow retention devices
3. List the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention
4. List the common pitfalls of product selection and site specifics
5. Describe how to value engineer snow retention systems without sacrificing
6. Explain the proper selection and specification of snow guards.
Gift Card Drawings...
"This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.