Friday, October 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM - Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM (EDT)
Demosplash is a computer art festival offering a rare and thorough glimpse into the world of vintage computing and the demoscene, in both its classic and modern forms.
- An exhibition of one of the largest collections of actively maintained retro computers in the country
- Live screenings of many classic demos on this huge collection and modern PCs
- A chance to enter your own demo creations in a competition with audience voting
- Talks on the history, usage, and care of classic computing platforms popular in the demoscene and home coputing history
- Open retro gaming and a small tournament on classic home computers and consoles
Learn more at the official event website: www.demosplash.org
When & Where
Carnegie Mellon University Computer Club
The computer club at CMU offers the opportunity for interested students to tinker with unique hardware, promote open source development and advocacy, and hack on interesting programming projects, while offering a variety of useful services to the campus community.
The club also maintains a large active retrocomputing collection, including a number of classic DEC servers connected to the internet and a huge array of early home computers used to show graphics demos and host retro graming events.