Demo Day for UT Apps Development Class
Saturday, April 27, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (CDT)
Come to the Belo Center for New Media to see what happens when University of Texas journalism and computer science students come together.
Five groups of students formed teams, pitched mobile product ideas and built them for a journalism class led by Professor Robert Quigley and entreprenuer Joshua McClure. Join us as the students show off their creations. See more about the class here (with the students' work under "latest news".
Judging the apps will be:
* Wanda Cash, associate director of the UT School of Journalism
* Debbie Hiott, editor of the Austin American-Statesman
* Rodney Gibbs, chief innovations officer at the Texas Tribune
* Carmen Cano, general manager for digital at the Dallas Morning News
* Gerald Bailey, co-founder of Snakehead Software
* Christopher Visit, co-owner of Frank + Victor Design
Light snacks and drinks will be served.
Special thanks: Jeff Linwood for his IOS programming help in labs, Oliva Hayes for speaking to our class about UX/UI and Joey Marburger for talking about life as a mobile guru a the Washington Post and countless others who offered help along the way with advice and guidance.