Actions and Detail Panel
Defence Trends Symposium 2017 | REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
Tue, May 9, 2017, 1:00 PM – Wed, May 10, 2017, 4:30 PM ADT
Why should you attend?
Hear from senior program and Canadian Military personnel and connect with the right people, in the right environment!
- Understand trends and operational requirements for the Canadian Armed Forces
- Meet face to face with Prime Contractors, Regional Firms, and Government partners
- Learn about supply chain engagement opportunities and programs/services to facilitate participation
- Hear about science and technology trends, requirements, and opportunities for collaboration
- Network with participating stakeholders/members of ACADA
Venez entendre des dirigeants de programmes et des militaires canadiens, et prendre contact avec les bonnes personnes dans le bon environnement!
- Explication des tendances et des besoins opérationnels des Forces armées canadiennes
- Rencontre en personne avec les entrepreneurs principaux, les entreprises régionales et les partenaires gouvernementaux
- Description des possibilités de participation à la chaîne d’approvisionnement et des programmes/services pour faciliter la participation
- Présentation des tendances scientifiques et technologiques, des exigences et des possibilités de collaboration
- Réseautage avec les intervenants et les membres de l’ACADA participants
Program | Programme*
*Subject to change. Please continue to check back for updates!
Day 1: Tuesday, May 9th
13:00 – 13:30
Registration & Check-In
13:30 – 13:45
Welcome & Opening Remarks
13:45 – 15:00
DND Procurement Briefings (Navy, Army, Air Force)
- Commodore Simon Page, Director General – Maritime Equipment Program, Royal Canadian Navy
15:00 – 15:20
15:20 – 16:00
Base Gagetown: Overview & Opportunities for Contracted Services
- Col. K.E. Osmond, Commander, 5th Canadian Division Support Base Gagetown
16:00 – 17:30
18:00 – 20:00
Day 2: Wednesday, May 10th
07:45 – 08:30
08:30 – 08:40
Day 2 Kick-Off
08:40 – 09:25
Science, Technology and Knowledge Advantage for Canada’s Defence and Security
- Dr. Camille Boulet, Chief of Staff ADM (S&T), Defence Research Development Canada (DRDC)
Sponsored by CARIC
09:25 – 10:15
Build in Canada Innovation Program (BCIP) Overview & Industry Success Stories
- Glenn Chamberlain, Regional Director, Office and Small and Medium Enterprises for the Atlantic Region, Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Paul Yeatman, President, GeoSpectrum Technologies Inc.
10:15 – 10:35
10:35 – 11:10
Technology & Innovation Showcase
Rapid-fire innovation & technology-focused pitch sessions from Atlantic Canadian SMEs!
11:10 – 12:00
PANEL DISCUSSION: Cybersecurity in Canada and the Role of Government, Industry & Academia
- Allen Dillon, Managing Director - CyberNB
- Ken Taylor, President - International Cyber Security Protection Alliance (ICSPA)
- LCdr Chris MacMullin, DNCS Systems Security Engineering 3 DGMEPM, DND
12:00 - 12:45
Lunch & Presentation
Department of National Defence/ Canadian Armed Forces Cyber Operations
- Sergeant Don Dorey, Detachment Commander (Halifax)
Sponsored by DEFSEC Atlantic
12:45 – 13:30
Canadian Coast Guard Briefing
13:30 – 14:00
PANEL DISCUSSION: Best Practices for Defence Supply Chain Engagement – Industry Perspectives from Primes & SMEs
- Rosborough Boats - Heaton Rosborough, President
- APEX Industries - Keith Donaldson, VP Sales & Business Development
- Others TBA
14:00 – 15:00
PANEL DISCUSSION: Programs & Services to Facilitate Canadian Armed Forces/Industry Workforce Engagement
- Canadian Forces Liaison Council (CFLC) - LCol Derek Vallis, Provincial Liaison Officer, Nova Scotia
- Canada Company - Dwayne L. Cormier, Director-Transition Services
15:00 – 15:10
15:10 – 17:00
A number of primes and government agencies will be participating and hosting meeting tables for our targeted B2B/B2G Program. Confirmed participants to date include*;
- Lockheed Martin
- Mack Defense
- Global Affairs Canada
Meetings will be pre-arranged/scheduled based upon the requirements and interests of our primes and those of our industry participants. Confirm your priority interests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Wednesday, May 3.
Interested in sponsoring our event? We still have a few sponsorship opportunities available! For further information please refer to our sponsorship package or contact us!
The official host hotel for Defence Trends Symposium 2017 is the Westin Nova Scotian.
A special group rate of $149.00/night (plus applicable taxes) has been secured for symposium attendees. Please be sure to book early to ensure availability.
Group block closes on Friday, April 28th.
Questions regarding this event may be directed to:
Lisa Clory, ACADA Provincial Director (NB)
Tel: 506.470.9924 | Email: email@example.com
Chris Bourque, ACADA Marketing & Events Manager
Tel: 902.425.0070 ext.3 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Major Corporate Sponsors
CyberNB, a special operating agency of Opportunities NB, is Canada’s first comprehensive Cybersecurity Strategy. CyberNB is executing a deliberate action plan to build upon New Brunswick’s world-class industry cluster to enhance workforce development, education and cybersecurity research. As the Canadian Accreditation Body for Cyber Essentials Canada, CyberNB will be working with Certifying Bodies, ACE Practitioners and Supply Chain Enterprises to help mitigate up to 80% of common internet-based threats.
Official Media Sponsor