San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please save the date for a night of great food and fun as the Rochester Chapter of STC celebrates the holiday season.
In addition to dinner and networking, we'll have Lightning Talks:*
- 10 Ways to Deal with Year-End Busyness during the Holidays with Marilyn Woelk. Good and bad ways to deal with year-end stress on the job and at home. Humorous but relevant suggestions to help attendees protect their daily sanity and productivity as 2016 wraps up.
- Holiday Gifts for Your Favorite Trainer with Chuck Campbell. An informative guide to those individuals who want to find the perfect gift for their favorite classroom trainer.
- Reindeers Pause: Eight Tiny Lessons in Technical Communication with Ben Woelk. A whimsical view at the life of a technical communicator as seen from the sleigh.
We would love to have more participants! Please contact the Program Manager, Kelly Schrank at email@example.com to sign up.
- 5:30–6:00 Reception and Cash Bar
- 6:00–7:00 Great food. Make your food selections when you register.
- 7:00–8:30 Networking and Lightning Talks.
We have booked a private room downstairs at Shadow Lake, where we will overlook the lake. Spouses and guests are welcome to attend.
Delicious plated full-course dinners served on linen. Salad, rolls, tea, and coffee served with each menu selection. For dessert, we'll have cookies and brownies.
- Classic Chicken French with Sherry Lemon Butter with Chef's Choice Vegetables
- 8 oz Grilled Pork Chop with Roasted Apple Chutney and Cider Dijon Cream with Chef's Choice Vegetables
- Herbed Breadcrumb Haddock with Buerre Blanc Sauce with Chef's Choice Vegetables
- Eggplant Stack with Pasta Bundle, Layered with Mozzarella and Marinara
Please indicate your menu choice for dinner when you register.
RSVP: Please get your reservations as soon as you're able. Though ticket sales will stay open until December 12, there is a human watching the count up to the meeting, and it causes her undue stress to have everyone wait until the last minute to register.
For more information, contact the Programs Manager, Kelly Schrank at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*For those who have not attended lightning talks, they are 5-minute talks, in which the speaker puts together 20 slides that advance every 15 seconds and then discusses them in front of the group. They are a little bit hectic for the speaker, but a lot of fun for the audience.
Ideas for the seasonal lightning talks include using project management or tech comm skills to get through the holidays, how you get your professional self ready for the new year, handling time off from clients or work, or other work-related stories or advice for your peers.
Save This Event
When & Where
STC Rochester Chapter
Founded in 1958, the Rochester Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication is based in upstate New York. Although most of our members live and work in the metropolitan Rochester area, we are geographically diverse, with members living in several surrounding counties. The STC Rochester chapter serves the needs of its members by promoting professionalism and the exchange of information among its members, providing educational opportunities for both members and non-members, and educating the community on the value of technical communication.
Our membership includes writers, editors, graphic designers, business owners, managers of corporate publications department, educators, and students. With more than 6,000 members worldwide, STC is the largest professional organization devoted to the advancement of the theory and practice of technical communication.
Our members provide a wide range of technical communications services within a variety of industries, such as computer hardware and software, photographic imaging, medicine and health care, telecommunications, community service, and education.
In April 2009, we celebrated the 50th anniversary of our chapter’s technical communication conference, spectrum, the longest running of its kind in the area.
In recent years, STC Rochester was recognized with the following international awards from the Society for Technical Communication:
2016 Platinum Community, Community of the Year
2011, 2012, 2015 Pacesetter Award
2013 Community of Distinction, Community of the Year
2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 Community of Excellence