Join hosts Rae of made-by-rae.com and Karen of One Girl Circus for a child-free evening of sewing, knitting, and crafting. This month we'll be doing something a little different. We'll have a charity sewing project or two you can participate in as well. Naturally, you should still bring your own project and sewing machine.
This fabulous evening will be held from 6:30-9:30 on Thursday, December 13, in Ann Arbor at Maker Works
- irons and ironing boards
- cutting mats and rotary cutters (feel free to bring yours too, we have tables where you can spread out if you need to cut)
- chairs and tables for sewing machines and comfy sofas for knitting and other crafting
- answers for your sewing questions
- a round of applause for your latest achievements
**- Instructions for a pillowcase and/or an IV cover to make and donate. We'll collect the donations...you just make it and leave it.
- a snack to share if you are so inclined (we always have plenty of snacks, so don't feel obligated)
- your project(s) to work on and a sewing machine if you are sewing*
** - For IV covers, we'll have plenty of fleece on hand.
** - If you'd also like to make a pillowcase, please bring: 1 yard of fabric per pillow (Note: if you want the cuff of the pillow to be a different fabric, you can reduce the main fabric to 3/4 of a yard, and add in 1/4 yard of a coordinating fabric for the cuff) + 1.5″ x width of fabric for the trim
If you are reserving spaces for friends, please let us know (email ringmaster AT onegirlcircus DOT com) so we can make name tags for them too. And if you find you cannot make it, please let us know so we can make more space for others.
Please sign up for our mailing list so you're always in the loop: http://eepurl.com/jnso9
Take a look at this webpage for a detailed map (scroll to bottom): http://www.maker-works.com