Ever want to go sky diving but really wanna jump of a plane? Have no fear, ExplOregon has got your back... We will be headed to Portland on Saturday December 3rd to enjoy a little skydiving at iFLY Portland. After some free falling we will head down the street to the Washington Square Mall for a few hours of shopping before the holiday season really kicks off! So sign up as soon as you can to reserve your spot on the bus up to Portland.
Cost: $20.00 – includes bus to and from Portland as well as a ticket for the indoor skydiving. Tickets are limited, the first 40 people who sign-up will get one.
Schedule: meet in front of the REC Center no latter than 9:35am because the charter bus will leave campus at 10:00am. We will arrival at the iFLY facility in Portland by 12:00pm. We will get to the facility a bit early to check in and go through the safety training procedure. We have a time slot reserved between 1:00pm and 3:00pm where each person will have an opportunity to fly 2 times in the tunnel. Once we are done at iFLY we will head over to the Washington Square Mall for a bit of pre-holiday shopping. We will head back to Eugene around 6:00pm and we should be back to campus by 8:00pm.
What to Bring: money for food, souvenirs, and any other items you wish to purchase. A few things to keep in mind:
- Please wear pants or shorts and lace-up sneakers/shoes.
- All participants under 6 feet tall must weigh less than 230 pounds.
- Those over 6 feet tall must weigh less than 250 pounds.
- Those with prior back injuries or shoulder dislocations are advised not to fly.
- Consult your doctor if you have any medical concerns prior to making your purchase.