The December 2016 professional photographers event by the Professional Photographers of East Tennessee (PPETN) will be Thursday, December 15 at at Club LeConte in downtown Knoxville (directions). The meeting will be special, as we will have a banquet-style dinner, awards ceremony program, and an auction for photography products and equipment.
Ticket sales for this event will include a plated dinner, beverage, and dessert. Pre-paid reservations are required and are limited. Ticket sales end at 5:00pm on Monday, December 5. Extended to Dec. 7.
Parking: FREE parking is available in the Dwight Kessel Municipal Parking Garage (directions) and the BB&T Building Parking Garage (directions) which are across the street adjacent to the First Tennessee Bank Building. Parking at FTB is $3 per vehicle arriving after 5:00 PM. Click here for a PDF of detailed parking information.
Note: Club LeConte is located on the 27th floor of the First Tennessee Bank Building. Press “C” when riding the elevator up!
Suggested Dress: Attendees are recommended to dress up for this special occasion! You can define what “dress up” means to you, but aim to impress everyone. There will be photographs taken of attendees at this event. Click here for a PDF of Club LeConte's dress code information.
Pro Photo Christmas Party
Each year in December, PPETN celebrates the season with a Christmas Party and announces the 2016 Pro’s Choice “East Tennessee Photographer of the Year”!
To provide a special experience and additional value for our members, PPETN has reserved the prestigious Club LeConte for our annual party. This is one of Knoxville’s most exclusive private clubs. They are waiving both the membership requirement for someone to sponsor our group and the usual rental fee for the room. We will be in the Cumberland Room, which has a beautiful view of both the Tennessee River and the Great Smoky Mountains.
Because of dinner will be served, pre-paid tickets must be purchased by 5:00pm on Monday, December 5, 2016. Extended to Dec. 7.
Social + Banquet Dinner
Members, visitors, and all guests are encouraged to arrive early for our social and banquet dinner. This part of our annual party will allow all pro photographers—young and old, new and experienced—and their guests to network, socialize, and enjoy each others’ company. Everyone will be reflecting on what we’ve done this year, and there will be good times had by all!
As a benefit of this venue, we have a special dinner menu which attendees can order from. The PPETN Board has voted to subsidize the cost for members and up to one guest of a member who attend in the amount of $10 per person. Additional guests and non-members are welcome as well, and their meals are full price.
All meals include beverage service (water, iced tea, coffee, and Pepsi products on request). Plated dinner entrees below include a gourmet house salad, chef's choice of vegetables, club rolls, and dessert! A cash bar will also be available (cash will be required to purchase bar beverages—no cards accepted).
Breast of Chicken Marsala
Certified Black Angus NY Strip Steak
Maryland Jumbo Crab Cakes
Our annual Awards Ceremony will recognize:
- The many award-winning photographers from the 2016 PPETN Annual Image Salon (Photography Competition)
- Our most distinguished annual award will also be announced: the 2016 Pro’s Choice “East Tennessee Photographer of the Year”.
- The 2016 Michael Laughlin Photography Scholarship recipient
All award-winners will be photographed when receiving awards, so we recommend dressing to impress!
In addition to giving out many awards, our members will elect the 2017 PPETN Board of Directors and Committee Members.
One of the more exciting events during our annual Christmas Party is the Auction. We will be auctioning off numerous items professional photographers might be interested in, including photography equipment and products. Last year, over $5,000 worth of gear, software, products, and more was auctioned off—with members saving up to 80% off retail!
In the past, auction items have included:
- Alien Bee 400 Strobe Light by Paul C. Buff
- Fundy Album Designer Software License
- ShootProof 1-Year Membership (Online Proofing, Ordering, & Management System)
- StickyAlbums 1-Year Membership (Online Photo Mobile Apps)
- Animoto 1-Year Membership (Online Video Slideshow Software)
- 17hats 1-Year Membership (Online Studio Management Software)
- CreativeLive Class Downloads
- University of Tennessee Certificate Program Class
- Jeffrey Shaw Coaching/Mentoring Membership
- Lori Nordstrom Coaching Course Membership & Book
- Texas School Voucher
- Doug Gordon Workshops Instructional DVDs
- Silverlake Photo Backdrop
- Station House Photography Backdrop
- Bay Photo Lab 16"x24" Gallery Wrap & 20"x30" Metal Print
- Black River Imaging 5"x7" Acrylic Block & 16"x24" Acrylic Wall Print
- H&H Color Lab Leather Album, 20"x24" Gallery Wrap, & Torn Edge Framed Print
- Marathon Press $100 credit for Bella Art Prints
- Miller's Lab Signature Book, Set of 3 Accordian Minis, 50 Foil Pressed Cards, & $50 Wall Art Credit
- Simply Color Album Block & Art Block (10 8"x10"s with display block)
- White House Custom Colour 20"x24" Framed Print & 5"x7" Wood Box
- F32 Photo 1-week Lens Rental
- Rebooku $75 Gift Certificate
- PhotoFlashDrive $75 Gift Certificate
- Photographers Edit $200 Gift Certificate
- OnOne Suite
- Kelby Training 1-Year Subscription
- Topaz Plugins
- Nations Photo Lab Gift Certificates
- Prints & Products from other Pro Labs
- and much, much more!
There will be many deals to be had during our Auction—be sure to bring your wallet or you’ll be sorry you missed out on them!
Proceeds from the Auction benefit the general operating budget for PPETN.