Actions and Detail Panel
"Death is Not the Answer"
Wed, May 3, 2017, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Community Care Services is hosting a FREE public screening of “Death is Not the Answer”, a 95-minute documentary that delves into the complex, often misunderstood world of depression and suicide.
The film, produced by 11-time Emmy Award winner Keith Famie, features some of nation’s most respected mental health professionals and local families and individuals who have been touched by suicide. Among the many powerful stories is that of Eric Hipple, retired Detroit Lions quarterback, who lost a son to suicide; Elyse Boyd, a local teenager who survived despite having scheduled “death dates”; Detroit Police Chief James Craig who has witnessed the effects of suicide on first responders.
Following the film, join us for a panel discussion as we explore depression, suicide, solutions and hope.
Register for FREE tickets today.
Watch a movie trailer here.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Elise Boyd - Local teen and suicide survivor.
- Keith Famie – Executive Producer and principle of Wixom-based Visionalist Entertainment Productions. Also known for his third place finish on Survivor: The Australian Outback and as a chef and restaurateur.
- Melvin McInnis, M.D. – Research Director, Heinz C. Prechter Bipolar Research Program, University of Michigan
- Cathy Radovich – Mother and advocate for Mental Health initiatives focused on children and young adults.
- Rabbi Daniel Syme – Executive Producer and founder of "A Single Soul", a crisis intervention and youth suicide program.
- Gail Urso - Executive Producer and founder of “Kevin’s Song”, a suicide prevention nonprofit.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and it's our hope that this documentary will open the door for conversations around mental health.
Date and Time
Wayne County Community College District
Heinz C. Prechter Educational and Performing Arts Center
21000 Northline Road
Taylor, MI 48180