DCWEEK - Media 2.0 Day
Tuesday, June 15, 2010 from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM (EDT)
Media 2.0 Day during Digital Capital Week will serve as an opportunity for members of the media and those passionate about its future to connect and learn. Please feel free to register for one, two or all three sessions. The agenda is as follows:
9:30AM - 10:45AM: USA TODAY's "Social and Traditional Media: How News and Media Organizations are Getting Social and Why They Need To Do It"
- About: A panel event hosted by USA TODAY, looking at real and tactical ways news and media organizations are using social media to share content, engage readers and get results.
- Speaker: Moderated by Carlos Roig, VP of Digital Media Strategy at Home Front Communications. Panelists to include: Andy Carvin - Senior Strategist for National Public Radio's Social Media Desk Robert Michael Murray - VP of Social Media for National Geographic Benet Wilson - Online Managing Editor for Aviation Week's Business Aviation and Co-Chair of the National Association for Black Journalist's Digital Journalism Task Force USA, USA TODAY - Brian Dresher- Manager of Social Media and Digital Partnerships for USA TODAY
11:00AM - 12:00PM:
USA TODAY's "State of Now" with Jeff Pulver
- About: A presentation by Jeff Pulver on "The State of Now": we will be taking a hard look at something the continued effects the worldwide adoption of social communication platforms such as twitter are having on "The Media”. The take aways from this event will provide the attending delegates knowledge, perspectives and insights to the next wave of effects twitter and the real-time internet will have on business in 2010 and beyond.
- Speaker: Jeff Pulver - Chairman and Founder of pulver.com, and one of the true pioneers of the VoIP industry and a leader in the emerging TV on the Net industry. Leveraging well over a decade of hands-on experience in Internet/IP communications and innovation, Mr. Pulver is a globally renowned thought leader, author and entrepreneur. His blog is well read within the IP Communications Industry and in high-tech communities around the world. He is the publisher of The Pulver Report and and creator of the industry standard Voice on the Net (VON) events. Additionally, Mr. Pulver is the founder of FWD, the VON Coalition, PrimeTimeRewind.TV, Vivox and is the co-founder of VoIP provider, Vonage.
12:30PM - 1:30PM: The Future Impact of the Internet
- Hosted by:
- Speaker: Lee Rainie, Director of the Pew Internet & American Life Project, a non-profit, non–partisan "fact tank" that studies the social impact of the internet. The Project has issued more than 200 reports based on its surveys that examine people's online activities and the internet's role in their lives. Lee is a co-author of Up for Grabs, Hopes and Fears, and Ubiquity, Mobility, Security, a series of books about the future of the internet published by Cambria Press and based on Project surveys.
2:00PM - 3:30PM: The Future of Media
- Hosted by:
- Moderated by: Michael Clements, EVP, Executive Editor, Washington Life Magazine
- About: A panel discussion focusing on how new devices and emerging platforms are transforming the way publishers reach consumers -- and ultimately how we experience and interact with content. The iPad, mobile devices, new publishing tools, and the future of media itself will be explored in depth.
- Speakers: Vijay Ravindran, VP, Digital, The Washington Post Company, Jim Bankoff, CEO, SB Nation, Marty Moe, SVP AOL Media, and Meredith Artley, Managing Editor of CNN.com