San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Certified Document Controller training program @ FIM, Qatar
A comprehensive, hands-on and very interactive document control training course, covering all aspects of document control tasks. In this course, we will cover the basics (such as document checks, numbering, identification, filing, distribution) as well as more advanced subjects (such as lifecycle, as-built, procedures, reports, interfaces).
This course is both for:
- Beginners in Document Control: this course gives a robust foundation for the profession, explains all the tasks and responsibilities, and contains numerous workshops and tutorials. You will acquire competencies that can be applied to day-to-day work.
- Experienced Document Controllers: most Document Controllers learn the discipline 'on-the-job'. This course consolidates basics, formalizes knowledge and deepens competences. It allows experienced Document Controllers to compare their experience with common / best practices.
- And for everyone, it's a great opportunity to network and share the experience with other Document Control professionals.
The course also includes a certification examination for professionals to get their knowledge certified.
COURSE DURATION:- 20 Hours
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the requirements for document control, traceability, audibility, quality, consistency
- Understand the role of the document controller and his/her interfaces
- List out and perform the critical quality checks to run on documentation
- Understand what a deliverable is and how it is managed
- Understand and explain the rationale behind document numbering and identification
- Manage documents through their lifecycle
- Make the distinction between working and official documents
- Understand the requirement for document templates
- Ensure the traceability of documents, comments, distribution and transmittal
- Understand document control specifications and procedures
- Ensure document distribution and manage document review and approval
- Understand the work for As-Built and Final Documentation phases
- Understand the requirements for document security and confidentiality and the means for document protection
- Understand and explain the requirements for electronic document management systems (EDMS)
- Build and issue report on document status
- Interact with technical teams and managers
1. Introduction to Document Control
What are Document Control and the role of the Document Controller
2. The Basics of Document Control
Document control checks and gatekeeping
3. Document Identification
How to make sure that document is identifiable
4. Document Classifying & Filing
How to organize documents and manage information security
5. Document Distribution
How to ensure an efficient and relevant distribution of documents
6. Managing Documents Throughout Their Lifecycle
What is the lifecycle of technical documents? How to manage documents at each step of the lifecycle? How to avoid misuse of documents?
7. As-Built and Final Documentation
What is an As-Built document and what are the specifics for the management of these documents?
8. Document Control Procedures and Specifications
Why do we need procedures? Which subjects should be included in a Document Control Procedure?
9. Electronic Document Management Systems
Which software packages are used by Document Controllers? What are the functionalities of Document Control Software Packages? How can it help Document Controllers?
10. Interactions with project teams, engineering teams, managers
How to support technical teams? How to manage work pressure? How to manage difficult situations?
- A Certificate of Attendance is issued to all participants who attended the course satisfactorily
- An Examination Pass Certificate is awarded to participants who obtain a pass mark at the Certification Examination
COURSE FEE:1,300/- QAR per person
A. Payment methods:
- Card - Debit or Credit
B. Payment terms:
- Enrollment is confirmed upon receipt of half payment of the course fee
- If you would like to pay by installment, let us know when you enroll - please note that the full course fee will have to be paid before completion of the course
- Course fee
- Course Material
- Snacks & refreshments
Contact Mr. Ramesh @ +974 70286868 for registration formalities
Save This Event
When & Where
Famous Institute of Management, Qatar
Famous Institute of Management (Famous Consulting group) is one of the leading Multi-Consulting Company having its operating office in Qatar, providing Professional Skill development Training and ISO Consulting. Whether it’s an Individual training or corporate training, our aim is to understand the individuals/ organization’s objectives, culture, existing systems, and processes, in order to design a solution that meets the training needs. Our approach has enabled us to develop a core team of expert trainers.
Incorporated in the year 2014, Our training division offers both public and customized in-house management training workshops and courses. Our courses are based on the recognized International Bodies and methodologies and offer a recognized approach towards the education. We are approved by “The Supreme Education Council, Qatar” as a professional study center.