DC Youth Tours is a new way for families to enhance their vacation and visit to Washington, D.C. DC Youth Tours specializes in engaging youth ages 8-15 years old in learning about the history, culture, innovations and fun of the Nation’s Capitol!
With so many interesting things to see and the diversity of interests in your family, it can be hard for everyone to see everything you might want to see in Washington, DC. DC Youth Tours takes this challenge out of the equation by taking youth on a fun-filled tour of DC with other youth their age!
Our tours are designed by and modeled after the team's more than 20+ years as Ski/Snowboarding Instructors, Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, Outdoor Adventure Coaches, Wilderness EMTs and SCUBA Rescue Divers.
- Families: Does each person in your family seem to have sites and interests they want to see in Washington, DC as varied and unique as their personalities? Is the debate about when and how much time to spend at each site beginning to seem as contentious as a debate on Capitol Hill? Let our tours be the continuing resolution your family is looking that will create a non-partisan evening dinner conversation and memories to tell in your own Congressional District!
We take youth, pre-teens, tweens and teens to the sites they want to see and provide them with new friends and engaging learning experiences that will leave only one debate over the dinner table: Who gets to tell about their day in DC first!
- The most important thing to us is safety! All of our guides are 1st Aid and CPR trained, plus background/credit checks.
- Every client is given a color-coded team t-shirt.
- And of course we are full insured.
- Each of our guides carries:
- Fully charged cell phone and walkie-talkie (with back-up power source, and check in hourly with headquarters);
- Fully stocked 1st Aid kit;
- Water and snacks;
- Emergency Action Plan: Emergency contact information for DC Metro Police, Capitol Police, emergency phones, and emergency contact information designated on client application.
- OPTIONAL: GPS band for the day for personalized tracking in case of emergencies.
- Our guides enjoy their work, many are professional teachers during the school-year or are studying for advanced degrees at the many prestigious DC-area universities.
- Guide leads love working with and inspiring young people.
- Each of our staff, from the guides to the support crew go through rigorous weekly training to keep them up to date on the newest events and information (and of course safety procedures and emergency action plans!).
- Youth: Select from 4 day long (or half-day) tours or 3 specialty tours (The Science & Technology Tour, The Future Policy-Maker Tour or The Arts and Humanities Tour). Our full-day tours start at 8:45am daily (12noon for half-days), end at 4:00pm and include:
- Lunch, sunscreen, GPS tracker, downloadable tour PDF, age appropriate team quizzes, games and daily prizes on each tour.
- Each tour comes with a highly trained, energetic guide (we call them Team Coaches) and each group has 6-10 new friends for you to get to know and make your day in DC memorable!