Join Us for the Third Meeting of the DC Food Policy Council!
The DC Food Policy Council wants you to get involved as it begins its work, join us to continue the conversation about DC's food policy. The mission of the DCFPC is to identify regulatory burdens on the local food economy, collect and analyze data on the food economy and food equity, promote positive food policies, and guide organizations and individuals in the local food economy. We will hold our third meeting on Wednesday December 7th from 6-8 pm, at 441 4th Street NW, Room 1107.
The DCFPC also has 4 working groups that are co-chaired by appointed Food Policy Council members and that meet every other month and cover the following topics.The working groups met during the month of November, and notes and updates can be found online at the links below.
- Local Food Business and Labor Development
- Food Equity, Access, and Health and Nutrition Education
- Sustainable Food Procurement
- Urban Agriculture and Food System Education
- Welcome & Introductions
- Background on the Food Policy Council, Legislative Updates Director Cidlowski
- Presentation from The Reinvestment Fund's Director on Healthy Food Access, Donna Leuchten Nuccio
- Food Policy Council Members Present on Working Groups
Local Food Business & Labor Development Working Group
Food Equity, Access, and Health & Nutrition Education Working Group
Sustainable Food Procurement Working Group
Urban Agriculture & Food System Education Working Group
5. Community Input on Priorities, Grocery Store Access East of the River, and Strategic Plan
6. Announcements & Next Steps
Follow the Livestream of the event on Facebook Live or Periscope of our partner DC Greens
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Please bring a government issued id to enter the building.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The building is directly adjacent to the Judiciary Square metro (Red line.) Street parking is also available.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?