Join us for the grand opening of the all-new exhibit “Day of the Dead: Art of Día de los Muertos 2016” on Friday, Oct. 14 from 6:00-10:00 pm! Highlights include:
Sorry, event sold out on Oct. 11, and no door tickets will be available on the day of the event.
To purchase tickets, advance food and drink tickets and the Sugar Skull workshop, please use the webform below. Advance food and drink tickets and Sugar Skull workshop will be listed on the next screen in the "Additional Items" section under registration name and email address fields.
For more information and answers to frequently asked questions, please see list below.
Below are answers to frequently asked questions for your convenience. Please review before contacting us with your questions. Thank you!
$5 PRE-SALE TICKETS:
- Sold out as of Sept. 14, 2016.
$10 ADVANCE TICKETS:
- Sold out as of Oct. 11, 2016.
$20 DOOR TICKETS:
- No door tickets will be available on day of event.
- Sorry, waitlist registration ended on Oct. 13, 2016 when all returned tickets were resold to registrants on waitlist.
MISSING TICKETS & ORDERS:
- To look up your order or retrieve your tickets, visit http://eventbrite.com/gettickets and enter email address used to place order.
- For additional help, please visit Eventbrite help center at: https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/where-are-my-tickets?lg=en_US
- Doors open at 6:00 pm. Attendees arriving early will be asked to wait outside.
- Please bring either a) printed copy of your ticket OR b) digital ticket to display on a mobile device (cell phone or tablet) to expedite event entry.
- Attendees without printed or digital ticket may experience delay in entry and be asked to wait in separate line as purchase is verified.
- Please keep your digital or printed ticket with you throughout event if you need to leave for any reason.
- Large bags subject to security check and must be stored in basement lockers.
- Guests purchasing alcoholic beverages must be 21 years of age or older and show proof of age with valid ID.
- No outside food or drinks may be brought into the facility during the event.
- All ages welcome but all guests must have a ticket for this after-hours, special fundraising event.
- Children ages 5 or under receive free admission during regular business hours only. For more information, visit http://www.californiamusuem.org/hours-admission.
- Strollers permitted but subject to security check.
- Free hands-on activities for kids 3+ will be available and posted when confirmed.
PHOTOGRAPHY & MEDIA:
- Guests permitted to bring and use non-flash, consumer grade still cameras for personal use only.
- Commercial and/or professional photography and videography strictly prohibited.
- Due to limited capacity and staff availability, media must request credentials to cover event in advance. To apply, submit inquiry by 5:00 pm on Sept. 30, 2016 at http://www.californiamuseum.org/media-inquiries.
- For more information on photography, visit http://www.californiamuseum.org/faqs-accessibility.
- Maximum event capacity limited to 1,000 attendees due to fire marshal regulations.
SUGAR SKULL WORKSHOP:
- Held in 2 sessions (7:00-8:00 pm or 8:00-9:00 pm) in courtyard
- Workshop tickets provided to registrants upon event check in on Oct. 14
- Appropriate for ages 5 and up
- Requires $20.00 per person materials fee paid with event ticket sale and limited to a maximum of 40 participants per session.
- Additional workshops held on Oct. 29 & 30, visit http://www.californiamuseum.org/events-public-programs for listings.
FOOD & DRINK TICKETS:
- Choose from:
- Entrée Ticket: Plate of 3 tacos, rice & beans by Mayahuel $10.00 each
- Cocktail Ticket: Custom alcoholic beverages 21+ w/ID by Mayahuel $8.00 each
- Non-Alcoholic Beverage Ticket: Agua frescas by Mayahuel $3.00 each
- Advance purchases strongly recommended to avoid long lines at event.
- May be added to ticket purchases prior to checking out and are accessible under “Additional Items” section following name and email address fields on registration page.
- Once event tickets are purchased, additional food & drink tickets may be bought at http://www.californiamuseum.org/event-faqs-0 through 5:00 pm on Oct. 12, 2016.
- Pre-order food, drink & workshop tickets will be provided to buyers upon check in on Oct. 14.
- Food/drink ticket purchases at event will be cash or major credit card only.
- Sodas, bottled water and snack items (including chips, candy and jerky) available for purchase in Museum Store by cash or credit card.
- Sorry, no food/beverage ticket refunds provided after 5:00 pm on Oct. 12, 2016.
- Refund requests must be made by 5:00 pm on Oct. 12, 2016 via email to email@example.com only.
- NO REFUNDS PROVIDED AFTER 5:00 PM ON OCT. 12, 2016.
PARKING, DIRECTIONS & PUBLIC TRANSIT:
- The surface street lot directly across the street from the Museum on the corner of 10th & O Streets will be available for car parking starting at 5:45 pm and is free to event attendees but limited to 150 spaces.
- Metered street parking is available on the streets surrounding the Museum and is free beginning at 6:00 pm.
- Paid parking garages near the Museum close at 7:00 pm and are not advised for this event ending at 10:00 pm.
- Bike parking is limited to the racks provided on the premises and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- For more information, visit http://www.californiamuseum.org/directions.
- The Museum is located at the Archives Plaza stop of Regional Transit’s Light Rail and a convenient transportation option for the event. For more information on routes, schedules and fares, visit: http://www.sacrt.com.
- ATM will be available in lobby for attendees on night of event.
- An additional Golden 1 Credit Union ATM also located on O Street between 11 & 12th.
Thank you once again for your interest in the event, and we hope to see you on Oct. 14!
When & Where
A self-supporting 501(c)3 non-profit, the California Museum — home of the California Hall of Fame — engages, educates and enlightens people about California’s rich history and unique contributions to the world through ideas, innovation, the arts and culture. Through interactive and innovative experiences, the Museum inspires men, women and children to dream the California dream and dares them to make their own mark on history. Open Tues.-Sat. 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Sun.: 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Admission: adults $9.00; college students & seniors $8.00 with valid ID; youth 6-17: $7.00; children 5 & under free with paid adult admission. For more information, visit CaliforniaMuseum.org