This workshop is a geared towards business executives and managers who are interested in finding out how data science and machine learning can help their business take the next step. You will be introduced to technologies like product/service recommendation systems, natural language processing, Hadoop, Spark and Splunk.
As an executive and manager, you will learn how to understand, interpret and visualize data using python, while dealing with variables and missing values. We will teach you how to come to sound conclusions about your data, despite some real-world challenges.
By the end of this course, you will have an understanding of applied predictive modeling methods, and the know how to use existing machine learning algorithms in Python. This will allow you to lead and work with team members on a data science projects, find problems, and come up solutions.
This is a 7-day intensive course with hands-on work. The course finishes with a takeaway project.
In this workshop you’ll learn an in-depth process of Data Science :
- Collect data from a variety of sources (e.g., Excel, web scraping, APIs and others)
- Explore large data sets
- Learn to understand and use Python for executing Data Science Projects
- Understand recommendation systems and natural language processing
- Know how to create data visualization to communicate your message
This is a very practical and hands-on workshop that has lots of class exercises. Through this course, we strive to make you fully equipped to become a leader who can execute full-fledged Data Science projects.
Session I: Python Foundation!!
- Data Types
Session II: The Basics
- Data Collection and Exploration
- Data Cleaning and Visualization
- Introduction to Machine Learning
Session III: Fundamental Modeling Techniques
- K-Nearest Neighbors Classification
- Naive Bayes Classification
Session IV: Modeling Techniques Continued & Analytics
- K-Means Clustering
- Ensemble Techniques
- Decision Trees and Random Forests
Session V: Recommendation Systems
- Recommendations Systems
- Principal component analysis
- A/B testing
Session VI: Natural Language Processing
- Explore NLTK
- Sentiment analysis
Session VII: Big Data
- Big Data
- Hadoop ecosystem and MapReduce
- Spark and Splunk
Prereqs & Preparation
Bring a laptop and install Anaconda, which is a free package that includes python and a number of tools that will be used in class (http://continuum.io/downloads).
This course does not require any background in programming or data science.