DATA Play 4 is here and we will be focusing on Environmental Challenges.It will be taking place at the STEM Centre of Plymouth City College, Kings Road.
It is taking place over two days, both days will be covering different things so feel free to come along to one or both of the days, whichever best suits you! :)
Good at coding? - come and code.
Good at analysis? - come and analyse.
Good at maps? - come and map.
Good at graphics? - come and draw.
Good at thinking? - come and think.
Whatever you’re good at, there’ll be something interesting for you.
Develop your ideas using Council data, create a project and pitch your work... it's free to join in and lunch is provided on both days!
Play as a team, meet people on the day, or experiment on your own - whatever works for you.
The three ideas that have the most potential for the city and benefit/support neighbourhood planning will be given a budget of £2,000 to take it forward.
DATA Play Day 1 was an experiment to test whether the Council opening up data could help understand the city, better support innovation and new ideas and create opportunities for the Council to work with the local tech community.
DATA Play 2 developed these opportunities further by offering financial rewards for ideas, the support of a panel of experts and leaders in the city and a range of workshops to build skills and great ideas.
DATA Play 3 focused on Communities and the three prizes awarded were for the benefit of communities, using communities based data.
This work is supported by the Department for Communities and Local Government through Delivering Differently in Neighbourhoods funding and Local Planning Reform funding.
Getting to City College Plymouth
Kings Road Centre
Plymouth, PL1 5QG
- If you are being dropped off, you are welcome to do this at the entrance via Kings Road
- Disabled parking space are located at the front of Kings Road and outside the Construction Centre
Friday 7th October
- Parking is extremely limited on site due to the current building works for the College’s new Regional Centre of Excellence for STEM. Where possible, please use other modes of transport to come to the College. If you wish to reserve parking, please e-mail Reception@cityplym.ac.uk, requesting a parking space for the Data Play event held within the STEM Centre on Friday 7th October.
Saturday 8th October
- Parking will be available within the staff and student parking on Saturday 8th. Please enter the College via the Paradise Road entrance and follow the signs for staff/student parking. The attached map provides further information as to where the parking is located.
Pedestrians: please follow the clearly marked pathways into the building.
Cyclists: please enter via the Paradise Road entrance. You will be able to use the Pedestrian & Cyclist entrance to cut through to the Cycle Compound.
- Citybus route 36 (Friday only) travels from the city centre (from the side of the Theatre Royal) to the Kings Road site.
- A range of other Citybus routes (e.g. 21/A, 70/A/B, 71/A, 14) pass by the end of Kings Road, or along Paradise Road, both of which are less than a five minute walk from the College.
- Please visit the City bus website for further details and timetables: www.plymouthbus.co.uk/timetables