In this 2 1/2 hour hands on course, students will learn the practical skills to perform a data breach risk assessment. The ability to know what is at risk before the adversary is crucial to mitigate the financial impact before an incident.
Data thieves have access to a plethora of automated black-market attack code, funded by foreign governments and terrorist groups. This makes digital warfare on data an unfair fight for today’s defenders.
Therefore, every organization will prioritize on how to minimize the impact before a data breach occurs. This course shows how to acquire the data, simple and fast to prioritize the risk, based on the calculated monetary value, while pivoting on the severity of vulnerabilities, thwarting off enemy backdoors to your data.
Data breach risk assessments should be the foundation for identifying what is at risk before the inevitable and facilitating strategies for defense systems.
You will learn how to:
Perform a data breach risk assessment, answering:
- Discover unprotected data and show who has access
- Detect how the bad guys will compromise the data
- Calculate the liability exposure before a breach
- Understanding the Risk & Adversary Weaponry
- Assessment Case Study
- Performing a Data Breach Risk Assessment with iScan Online
- Hands-on Lab exercises
Students need to bring a computer to the training course. Windows 7, 8, Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10, or a 64 bit Linux (RedHat or CentOS) are recommended. Privileges to initiate a PowerShell or cURL script are required for the lab exercises.
- Assess sensitive data at risk - credit cards, PII, IP & trade secrets
- Assess who has file access to the sensitive data
- Detect the vulnerabilities where data was discovered
- Indicator of Breach assessment with hash discovery
- Communicate/Reporting data breach risk intelligence to CISOs, CFOs, Boardroom and Security Operations
When & Where
iScan Online, Inc.
Do you know your security number? iScan Online is the industry’s first data breach risk intelligence platform that puts a real-time dollar number on an organization’s security risk.
iScan’s patented discovery process uncovers sensitive data and vulnerabilities, and financially prioritizes the results in reports that speak the language of the C-suite.
Now CISOs can make informed resource decisions and educate board members on the impact of security initiatives.