Moms Mental Health Initiative in collaboration with Marquette University Department of Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology invite you to a FREE Screening of the critically acclaimed documentary Dark Side of the Full Moon on October 10, 2016.
This documentary delves into the unseen world of maternal mental health in the U.S. Through the stories of women who suffer from perinatal mood disorders, the film reveals disconnections within the medical community to effectively screen, refer, and treat the 1.3 million mothers affected each year. The film highlights peer-to-peer support groups, relevant policy, research, and treatment and tells the story through interviews with survivors, family members, therapists, psychologists, doctors, scientists, nurses, midwives, researchers, lawyers and scholars.
This film contains intense content which may be a trigger for those currently suffering or still recovering from a maternal mental health illness. Viewer discretion is advised.
Please register in advance for planning purposes.
6:15 - 6:45 Check In and Networking
6:45 - 8:00 Screening (75 minutes)
8:00 - 8:45 Panel Discussion featuring:
- Christina L. Wichman, DO: a board certified psychiatrist with clinical and research interests in women’s issues, especially psychiatric disorders during pregnancy and the postpartum period. Her full biography can be found at http://doctors.froedtert.com/PhysicianDirectory/WichmanChristinaL.htm
- Lisa M. Edwards, Ph.D: an associate professor in Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology at Marquette University and a volunteer psychologist at Walker’s Point Community Health Clinic, counseling pregnant and postpartum Latinas without health insurance. Her full biography can be found at http://www.marquette.edu/education/faculty_staff/lisa_edwards.shtml
- Rose Eichenhofer, LCSW, LMFT: a licensed Clinical social worker and a marriage and family therapist with a special interest in the treatment of mood and anxiety disorders in women during their childbearing years. Her full biography can be found at http://eichenhofers.com/Rose_Eichenhofer__LCSW.html
- Sarah Ornst Bloomquist, CFLE, CLC: a Certified Life Coach, Certified Family Life Educator, co-founder of Moms Mental Health Initiative and survivor of postpartum depression and anxiety. Her full biography can be found at http://momsmentalhealthmke.org/our-story/sarah-ornst-bloomquist
- Becky Schroeder, MS: a former mental health counselor with a masters degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, co-founder of Moms Mental Health Initiative and survivor of postpartum depression and anxiety. Her full biography can be found at http://momsmentalhealthmke.org/our-story/becky-schroeder
This event will take place at Marquette University, in Cudahy Hall 001. For a downloadable map of the Marquette University campus, which includes visitor parking lots, click here. Cudahy Hall is located at 1313 West Wisconsin Avenue (Location No. 19 on campus map). Metered parking is available on side streets around campus, and visitor parking is available for $3.00 at the Wells Street Parking Structure (Location No. 67 on campus map).