Why brainstorm when you can dancestorm?
Tap into the full potential of your creative mind, which now we know extends far beyond the limits of your head. Why just think things through when you can engage your whole body to access your creative potential?
When: Sunday October 23rd - 11 am until 2 pm
Where: École nationale de théâtre du Canada - Métro Laurier
How much: 40 $ in advance / 45 $ at the door
All you need is to bring a vision, a question or a challenge, and your willingness to move your inspiration and creativity through the dancestorm.
***Everyone is welcome***
What you'll get out of this:
- More clarity around the purpose behind your project
- A direct experience of accessing body intelligence that you can come back to at anytime
- The support of a community of peers that will propell you into your next steps
- Remember, it's a Sunday - what a way to prepare yourself for yet another extraordinary week!
What to bring:
- An idea, questions, challenge or project you want to work with
- A reusable water container
- A streaming device with headphones - smartphones are great! - and sufficient data (100 MB is plenty)
- Your committment towards moving and accessing more creative potential though the dance
- A towel and/or light hoodie for when we are not dancing
What we'll do:
Phase 1: Clarity and grounding
In small groups, we will clarify the situation and put it on paper. Then we dance, and we dance some more letting go of the thinking and getting grounded in the dance.
Phase 2: We hit the streets - walk to dance (depending on weather)
Using the Silent Disco Squad technology, we will stream a music mix and listen to it on our headphones. We then embark on a dancing journey, letting ourselves be seen while we creatively move our ideas and projects looking for inspiration all around us.
Phase 3: Harvest clarity and next steps
We come back indoors and celebrate the end of the journey. Transformed by our dances, we find a way that suits us to harvest the elements of clarity we gathered concerning our questions, ideas or projects. And depending on our energy levels, we dance one last dance!