As a new student, we want to do all we can to help get you started on your path to success.
During Orientation you can expect to:
•Register for your first semester courses!
• Learn about academic requirements needed to graduate!
• Learn about the many student services that are available to help you succeed!
• Discuss education and career goals!
• Learn about student clubs, groups and organizations!
• Meet other new students and make new friends!
Prior to attending New Student Orientation:
- Take the online placement
- Complete the Activities in the New Student Portal (My.ccc.edu)
- Bring your Student ID number and password with you to Orientation
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and include Daley College’s school code: 001649
Plan to arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the start of Orientation for check-in. Sessions begin promptly, and late arrivals are not permitted. Also, please note that children are not allowed in New Student Orientation or Testing.
Determine if you need to attend an Orientation
- Presentations can be waived for students transferring in more than 15 college credits from an accredited college/university; official college transcripts must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office
Determine if you need to take the Placement Exam
- Students with a “C” or better in college level English and Math may be exempt from the placement exam; official transcripts must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office
Students with ACT scores less than 4 years and with a score of 21 English; 21 Math; or higher will be exempt from the placement exam; proof of official ACT scores must be submitted to the Welcome Center.