Dads that make a Difference
This event will give you and your men the encouragement and practical insights needed to succeed as Christian fathers, grandfathers, or mentors.
Through guided discussion about their own experiences, an examination of biblical principles and examples, and practical teaching, men will leave equipped to father the hearts of their children and grandchildren, rather than fathering for performance.
The event will also give men ideas to help them be more effective regarding boundaries, establishing identity, protection, and priorities.
There are three registration periods:
- Early Bird Registration, on sale through 10/14, $35
- Normal Registration, on sale through 10/21, $43.19 (includes EventBrite fee)
- At the Door, on sale 10/22, $45 -- first come first serve, maximum of 20
This is awesome, but I don't belong to or have a Men's Ministry at my church, can I still come?
YES! If you're a man and want to get equipped to be a better father, grandfather or mentor, this event is for you.
I'm a pastor or men's ministry leader, what else should I know?
If you are bringing a group of men you should be prepared with:
- A plan to host a 4 session small group after the event. Know the details before you arrive so that your men can commit to attending before they leave.
- Each man will recieve a Life Plan (for use during the 4 session small group follow up) and can be viewed here click to view the content of the Life Plan.
- Additional guidance on planning your follow-up can be found here https://journeytobiblicalmanhood.com
- Our Men's Discipleship Area Director, Dave Armstrong, can also provide you with support in planning your small group follow-up. Reach Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org
What time is check-in?
Check-in opens at 8am on 10/22. A continental breakfast will be available from 8am until 9am and the event will begin promptly at 8:50am.
What meals are provided?
Berean is providing a continental breakfast, cafeteria style lunch, and snacks throughout the day. We'll have drinks (including coffee) available all day as well.
What's the Schedule for the Day?
- 7:30 - 8:00 Faculty member arrives (available to meet with leaders)
- 8:00 - 8:30 Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 - 8:50 Welcome, Music
- 8:50 - 9:40 Session 1: What Is Fathering, Anyway?
- 9:40 - 10:00 Small group discussion #1
- 10:00 - 10:10 Break
- 10:10 - 11:00 Session 2: Providing Protection
- 11:00 - 11:20 Small group discussion #2
- 11:20 - 11:25 Gather/Pray
- 11:25 - 12:10 Lunch / Faculty meets with Follow-Up Group Leaders
- 12:10 - 12:20 Gather/Music (one song)
- 12:20 - 1:10 Session 3: Establishing Identity
- 1:10 - 1:50 Formation of four-week follow-up groups and discussion #3
- 1:50 - 2:40 Session 4: Building Confidence
- 2:40 - 3:00 Small group discussion #4
- 3:00 - 3:15 Wrap-Up/Music/Close