Join us on Thursday, December 8th, 2016 from 6-8pm for a Stewards of Children training (details below)!
This training is being offered for FREE to all Forsyth County residents! You will be required to show an ID to verify Forsyth County residency. If you are not a resident of Forsyth County but you are employed by a Forsyth County Agency (DFCS, Family Haven, Law Enforcement, Court Services, School Personnel, etc.) who interacts with the children of Forsyth County, please contact us for approval to attend this training for free as well.
The Stewards Curriculum has been approved for 2 contact hours of continuing education by: the National Association of Social Workers, The Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia (LPCA), Ohio Nurses Association, Emergency Medical Services, Georgia Peach Officer Standards and Training (POST), and the Georgia Bar Association.
Registration opens @ 5:30pm and training begins promptly @ 6pm
The Stewards of Children program will increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. This program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations and personnel.
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
- The signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
What Outcomes You Can Expect:
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan