San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia's Women Bike PHL campaign is teaming up with Sturdy Girl Cycling Club for a Mother's Day CYCLOFEMME ride!
All ages, ability levels, and genders welcome. We will meet at Cadence Cycling & Multisport in Manayunk (4323 Main St) at 9 AM. There will be two ride options, and both will meet back in Manayunk afterwards:
- A beginner ride will go 5-10 miles, staying mostly on the Schuylkill River Trail.
- An intermediate/advanced ride will go ~35 miles, mostly on-road. (Route here: http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1263706)
For both levels, please bring:
- Your bicycle
- A helmet! (You will not be allowed to ride without one)
- A water bottle, and snacks if you need them
- Your daughter! Your mom! A friend who is new to bicycling! Come out and enjoy a springtime ride with a growing community of bicyclists
- A spare tube in case of a flat
For more info on the international movement, check out www.cyclofemme.com
To learn more about the Bicycle Coalition's efforts to get more women on bikes, visit www.womenbikephl.org
For info on Sturdy Girl Cycling's other upcoming rides, see www.sturdygirlcycling.com
"CycloFemme is a socially-driven grass-roots celebration of women on bikes. We are of a growing community, for a growing community, and 100% volunteer-based. Our annual Mother’s Day ride unites riders, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or bicycle preference to share in the joy of cycling. In our first year, 163 rides were registered in 14 countries, with many others joining in to celebrate in their own special way. Ride with us this May 12, 2013 as we Honor the Past, Celebrate the Present, Empower the Future of Women in Cycling."
When & Where
Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia (BCGP)
**Because there are better ways to get around! Founded in 1972, BCGP is a nonprofit organization that serves the Pennsylvania counties of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia as well as South Jersey and the state of Delaware promoting bicycling as a healthy, low-cost, and environmentally-friendly form of transportation and recreation.