Actions and Detail Panel
Cyber Awareness Training for Small Business Owners & Professionals
Mon 24 April 2017, 09:30 – 12:30 BST
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
- Choose between attending either the morning or afternoon 3 hour workshop, which commences 09:30am and 14:00pm BST respectively.
- The sessions have been designed to be interactive, and include group work to re-enforce understanding.
Why this Workshop?
- According to statistics obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) human error is the main cause of data breaches.
- In IBM's 2014 Cyber Security Intelligence Index, "95 percent of all security incidents involve human error." According to the IBM's report, "many of these are successful security attacks from external attackers who prey on human weakness in order to lure insiders within organizations to unwittingly provide them with access to sensitive information."
- According to CompTIA’s 2014 Trends in Information Security survey, the top 5 reasons for human error, which leads to Security Incidents are:
- Increased use of social media by staff
- Failure of staff to understand new threats
- General negligence/carelessness with websites and applications
- Lack of security expertise with websites and applications
- Failure of IT staff to follow security procedures and policies
Studies have continiously concluded that human error is one of the top causes of security breaches, and that Cyber Security should not, and is not just the responsibility of the IT Department (if you have one) or IT Experts its everyone.
This workshop is designed to compliment and enhance security policies, procedures and any investment in technology used within your oragnisation.
The human factor is the first, and often the last line of defence against cyber crime.
Purpose of Workshop
- To raise awareness for all members of an organisation to the risks from cyber attack, and to realise that as a member of any organisation they are part of the solution
- To prepare all members of an organisation to be cyber safe in the workplace
By the end of this 3 hour interactive workshop, participants will:
- Understand key Cyber Security concepts and terminology
- Understand the types of cyber attacks, why they are a risk, and the potential impact to you and your organisation
- Know how to identify, assess and reduce cyber security threats in your organisation. Recognising that potential impact to your risks will inform you of what priorities to address in your work environment
Who Should Attend?
- Small business owners and their team
- Professionals - e.g. Accountants, Solicitors
- Personnel responsible for security and information management - e.g. Compliance Officers
- Anyone wishing to refresh their current knowledge and understanding
Benefits to Your Organisation
- Raised awarreness to cyber risk and knowing how to respond to an attack
- Reducing cyber risk to the organisation and individuals, which will reduce the likeihood of reputational risk and/or financial loss
- 50% off Cyber Awareness workshop for all delegates
- Bridge knowledge gap for a learning and development need in Cyber Security
- Provides partipants opportunties to reflect and evaluate on learnings during the workshop - great for CPD
Date and Time
Holiday Inn London - Stratford City
10a Chestnut Plaza, Westfield Stratford City