Tight Writing Workshop in San Francisco
Learn to make every piece you write easier to read and
understand in this tight-writing workshop
Read it and weep: More than half of all Americans have basic or below basic reading skills, according to the Department of Education’s latest adult literacy test.
That means they can sign forms, compare ticket prices for two events and look up shows in a TV guide. But they have trouble finding places on a map, calculating the cost of office supplies from a catalog and comparing viewpoints in two editorials.
How well are we reaching these folks with our messages?
In this tight-writing workshop, you’ll learn how to make every piece you write easier to read and understand. You’ll walk away with secrets you can use to reach more readers, measurably improve readability and sell tight writing to management.
Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
Write for Readability: Reach readers, improve communication — even boost the bottom line — by making your messages more readable.
Cut Through the Clutter: Measure, monitor and manage readability with a cool (free!) tool.
Take the ‘Numb’ Out of Numbers: Make statistics understandable and interesting.
Start Making Sense: Get the gobbledygook, jargon and gibberish out of your copy.
Get a clutter-cutting workout with Wylie: Boost readability by up to 300% when you practice your new skills on your own work.
Registration starts at 8 a.m. Class starts at 9 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m.
Select your VIP level
- Two days of training
- Lunch each day (Please do let us know about your dietary issues and aversions when you register)
- Coffee and tea each morning
- Workbook for capturing your ideas and insights
Get $225 worth of learning tools for just $100:
- Everything at the Silver level
- $225 worth of learning tools
- Clarify Complex Copy toolkit, a $127 value
- Cut Through the Clutter manual + cheat sheet, a $49 value
- Start Making Sense manual, a $49 value
- Overcome Information Overload handbook
Get $297 worth of additional learning tools for just $100:
- Everything at the Gold level
- 12-month subscription to Rev Up Readership, a $297 value
Get follow-up support — plus an exclusive conversation with Ann:
- Everything at the Platinum level
- A 30-minute one-on-one phone consult with Ann after the workshop (a $500 value)
Sorry: only 10 Diamond tickets available!
Q. What are some of the hotels nearby?
A. Coming soon.
Please contact hotels directly for room rates and booking.
Q. What about parking and driving directions?
A. Coming soon.
Q. Can I cancel my ticket if I can't make it?
A. Can’t make it? Please feel free to send a colleague in your place. No charge for substitutions. If you must cancel via email:
- by June 17, and receive a full refund, minus a $50 handling fee.
- by July 17, and receive a 75% refund.
- Sorry, no refunds after July 17.
Q. Do you offer any discounts?
A. We have no doubt that the Master Class will be the best $1,200 you invest this year on your professional development. But here are six ways to reduce that investment or boost your return on it:
- Save $100 - book one of the 20 Early access tickets.
- Save $100 if you’re a PRSA member. (Join PRSA.) Save $100 if you’re a Rev Up Readership member. (Join Rev Up Readership.) Click “Enter promotional code”. Enter your promo code.
- Save $100 each when you bring two or more colleagues.
- Save $50 each when you bring one colleague.
- Earn a free, three-month Rev Up Readership subscription (or extension, if you’re already a member) — a $100 value — when you refer a friend who buys a ticket and attends the Master Class
|VIP Level||Ticket type||Non-member||Rev Up Readership or PRSA member|
|Single||Double||3 or more||Single||Double||3 or more|
|Silver||Early access ticket||$1,095||$1,045||$995||$995||$945||$895|
|Gold||Early access ticket||$1,195||$1,145||$1,095||$1,095||$1,045||$995|
|Platinum||Early access ticket
|Diamond||Early access ticket
Q. Can I bring my writing sample to the workshop?
A. Yes, you can bring your writing samples to the workshop.
Q. Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
A. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us.
Q. Can I update my registration information?
A. Yes, you can go to your ticket and update your registration information and dietary preferences.
Q. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the workshop?
A. Yes, please carry a copy of the ticket to the workshop
Save This Event
When & Where
Ann Wylie works with communicators who want to reach more readers and with organizations that want to get the word out.