Join us for a workshop based on Dr Rick Hanson's research and 'Taking in the Good' Programme, designed to grow our inner strengths and resilience, and cultivate a more realistically optimistic outlook, positive mood, and sense of self worth.
In this one-day workshop you will:
• Identify how and why the brain has a “negativity bias” and the effects this has on our well-being;
• Gain a deeper scientific understanding of “self-directed neuroplasticity,” where we can use our minds to change the shape and functioning of our brains over time—the basis of long-term health and happiness;
• Learn which positive experiences can meet your three essential needs for safety, satisfaction and connection and how you can use these to build inner strength;
• Learn Dr. Rick Hanson’s four-step HEAL method that imprints everyday positive experiences in the memory system to help us feel strong, happy, peaceful, and loved;
• Explore methods to lower anxiety and stress, lift mood, develop calm and contentment, and fundamentally hardwire happiness into our brain and lives.