Workshops and tastings throughout the day in our Culinary Academy Tent on St Peter's Street. Tickets limited to 20 students per session.
12noon Children's Workshop by Pattacakes Make a Fruity Harvest Pie £8 per child
- Exciting, fun (and educational!) workshop for children from 5 to 11 years.
- Children can be left in our care for these 40 minute workshops when they will be taught to create their own dish from scratch using seasonal fresh ingredients. Recipes have been developed to use safe techniques appropriate to the age of the participants. We will provide all ingredients and equipment, loan of aprons and containers for taking the dishes home.
- The dishes will be completely prepared at the workshops and taken away for baking at home. Recipes and instructions for baking are included.
- Full tuition from qualified Pattacakes food coaches, who have been teaching children and adults to cook since 1999. We are fully insured and DBS checked. We can cater for most food allergies and intolerances as long as we are notified at the time of booking.
1pm Knife Skills with Steamer Trading £12
- a better understanding of what makes a good knife
- how to work with knives safely and efficiently
- the techniques for speedy and efficient chopping, slicing and dicing that they can begin to master themselves
- storing and sharpening
2pm Sherry with Gonzalez Byass £12 THIS HAS NOW BEEN CANCELLED
- Tutored tasting of dry and sweet sherries from this Jerrez-based producer
3pm Cheese & Chocolate with Divine Chocolate £12
- Learn from Divine Chocolate’s Chocolatiers how to combine this unusual duo for a flavour explosion! In association with local artisan, Cheese Wheelers.
4pm Children's Workshop by Pattacakes Make a Seasonal Vegetable Strudel £8 per child
- Please see information above for details.
5pm Beer with Roger Protz: The editor of CAMRA's Good Beer Guide leads a tutored tasting of local brews. £12