Cuddle Party: (www.cuddleparty.com)
Communication Using Deliberate Displays of Love and Emotion Party
A Cuddle Party is a workshop that teaches people (of all ages1) about the importance of consent and communication through the use of Non Sexual, consensual expressions of connection. It’s a beautiful blend of SOCIAL EVENT, powerful workshop, self care and the science of touch. While each Cuddle Party follows the same 11 main agreements, each is its own unique event and each will be special because of the people who are involved.
ARRIVE ON TIME: Once we begin the Welcome Circle, the event is closed and while people are free to LEAVE, no one new will be allowed to enter. This maintains the safe space and use of rules/agreements. A normal schedule might look like this:
0:00-0:30: Social Hour, Registration
0:30-0:45: Greeting and Hellos
0:45-0:60: WELCOME CIRCLE BEGINS/NO MORE ATTENDEES ENTER
O:60-1:45: Welcome Circle
1:45-2:00: Break and reposition
2:00-3:30: Cuddling and Conversation
3:30-4:00: Closing Circle, After Cuddle Self Care, Acknowledgements
Please note times will vary depending on the group of people and Facilitator. The key is to be there BEFORE the Welcome Circle begins.
WHAT TO WEAR: Pajamas – nothing too risqué. Think more comfy than sexy. (Yoga/stretchy PANTS (NO SHORT), shirts with at least a shoulder sleeve (NO TANK TOPS)
WHAT TO BRING: Juice, water or sparkling cider, fruits and snacks are always welcome, though not required. Bring your favorite: blanket, pillow, stuffed animal and Cuddle Buddy, a book or even your headphones if you like. Otherwise, just bring your smiling self.
STICK TO THE RULES:
- Pajamas stay on the whole time.
- You don’t have to cuddle anyone at a Cuddle Party, ever.
- You must ask permission and receive a verbal YES before you touch anyone. (Be as specific in your request as you can.)
- If you’re a yes, say YES. If you’re a no, say NO.
- If you’re a maybe, say NO.
- You are encouraged to change your mind.
- Respect your relationship agreements and communicate with your partner.
- Get your Cuddle Party Facilitator or the Cuddle Assistant if you have a question or concern or need assistance with anything during the Cuddle Party.
- Tears and laughter are both welcome.
- Respect people’s privacy when sharing about Cuddle Parties.
- Keep the Cuddle space tidy
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR:
Marcella Lyles, M.Ed. CCPF, Is a Coach, Educator who has been supporting clients and participants with their relationships for nearly 15 years. She is a world traveler, The Founder of The Skin Hunger Project and she has been a Certified Cuddle Party Facilitator since 2014. For questions please contact 720.588.3227