Cuba - La Edicion Materna
A MATERNAL HEALTH TOUR
October 9, 2016 - October 16, 2016
Join our tour of the extraordinary country of Cuba. This tour is designed for all who are interested in Women's Healthcare and Women's Rights.
We are impressed that Cuba's health indicators are close to most developing countries. This is impressive given its location and the impaired relationship it has had with its neighbor the United States. As professionals involved in the equality of women, we can learn a lot from Cuba.
In this small, intimate group we will be exploring Cuba's Rich History, Dance, Food, Religion, People, and of course its Healthcare System.
This tour is right for you if you are involved with the rights of women in any way. Nurses, Social Workers, Doctors, Doulas, Midwifes, Teachers, Healthcare Professionals, Activists, Life and Relationship Coaches, and Non-Profit Professionals are all welcome.
- Welcome Dinner at Tocororo Restaurant
- Old Havana Walking Tour
- Visit to two "Hogar Materno" (Maternal Homes)
- Lunches and Dinner at Great Local Restaurants
- Meeting with the Ministry of Public Health and the Maternal Infant Program
- Meeting with representatives of the Federation of Cuban Women
- Discussion with UNICEF about "Friends of Mothers and Babies" Program
- Evening at La Zorro y El Cuervo Jazz Club
- Visits to several early childhood education programs and schools
- Visit to the ELAM Medical School and Teaching Hospital
- Visit to two Primary Care Clinics
- Tour of the Guanabacoa Museum with a explanation of Afro-Cuban Religion and a Dance Performance
- Visit to La California
- Trip to Vinales to an organic farm with a demonstration of Cuban Cigar rolling
- Ample Free Time to explore Independently
- Option to participate in a Dance or Cooking Class
- Group Outings for Salsa Dancing and Cultural Explorations
- A Great Farewell Dinner
We will be lodging in premium hotels and a few nights in Casas Particulares to engage with the Cuban people.
At least 10 meals are included. They will vary between breakfast, lunch, and dinners. Additional meals will be arranged but are not included.
Airfare from Miami to Cuba is included in the price. We are not able to include airfare from your main location because those prices vary widely. If there are at least 10 attendees traveling from the same airport, we will organize a group rate flight and include it in your payment plan. Please indicate your preferred airport when completing registration.
Visas are included in the price and will be handled by our Cuban Agency.
Deposit of $300 Due Now
4 Payments of $550 Due by August 31, 2016.