nextNY and Skylabs Present CTO School - A developer's path to growing as a leader in their organization.
Being the Tech Leader
Talk #1: Role of CTO - 1:1 Conversation with Mark Uhrmacher, CTO of Ideeli
Mark Uhrmacher launched members-only retail site ideeli with co-founder Paul Hurley in 2007. Mark has been involved in start-ups since 2002, first developing the technical infrastructure and sales and marketing strategy for food manufacturer Expert Foods, then serving as chief technology officer for Attune.com, an online advertising startup. Mark began his career with the technical staff at Oracle, where he focused on developing video on demand and interactive television, and was a member of the committee that created MPEG compression technology. He’s also been with NetGravity and DoubleClick.
- Introduction to the role of CTO / VP Engineering / Tech Lead
- Progression of CTO Role as the company matures
- Working with Business Stakeholders
- Working with other members of the product team (and what to do if you don't have them)
- Product Managers, Domain Experts, UX / Designers, QA
- Being An Effective Part of the Executive Team
- Preparing for Failure (and Success)
Breakouts: 8 - 10 Experienced tech leads lead small group discussions on the challenges of leading a technical team
When & Where
nextNY is a fun way to connect both socially and professionally with up and comers who have a stake in future of tech and new media in New York City.