CSW Evening Reception Honoring Advertisers & Benefiting UN Women
Monday, March 9, 2015 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Monday the 9th of March kicks off the beginning of the 59th Session of the UN's Commission on the Status of Women (CSW). Representatives from Member States, UN entities and NGOs from all regions of the world will attend the session at United Nations Headquarters in New York City.
The Metro NY Chapter of the US National Committee for UN Women and the US National Committee for UN Women will host an evening reception as an official parallel event to CSW.
Hosted by the Consulate General of Hungary, the reception will honor advertisers and their agencies whose campaigns have powerful and positive messages for women and girls.
Additionally, guests will enjoy wine and food, as well as entertainment from Ellen Kaye with Ethan Fein and the M57 Band. Ellen Kaye will perform a variety of uplifting contemporary hits, as well as Dar Wiliams' "When I Was a Boy," which she recorded and will be donating profits to HeForShe from all downloads of the song for a year.
Proceeds from ticket sales and donations will go towards UN Women.
|Grey Advertising /
|Grey Advertising /
|Leo Burnett /
|"Like a Girl"|
|"What My Mom Does at GE"|
"I Will What I Want"
(Misty Copeland version
Venue and Catering generously hosted by Consulate General of Hungary
- What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- There is no available parking at the Church Center of the United Nations.
- From the East side, you can take the 4, 5, or 6 Train to 42nd Street/Grand Central and either walk to 1st Avenue or take the M42 crosstown bus to 1st Avenue.
- From the West side, you can take the Shuttle (S) Train or the 7 Train at 42nd/Times Square to 42nd/Grand Central and either walk to 1st Avenue or take the M42 crosstown bus to 1st Avenue OR you can just take the M42 crosstown bus at any West-side avenue to 1st Avenue.
- Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
- No, tickets are non-transferrable. Each attendee who wishes to join must register for a new ticket.
- Can I update my registration information?
- Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- Please either have your printed ticket or digital ticket available, or be ready to show your confirmation via your mobile device's email.
- What is the refund policy?
- The evening reception will not offer any refunds due to the nature of the fundraising event.
When & Where
Metro NY Chapter, USNC-UN Women & US National Committee (USNC) for UN Women
The UN Women United States National Committee (UN Women-USNC) is an independent non-governmental organization that supports the mission of UN Womenthrough programs, advocacy, public education about UN Women and global women’s issues, and fund-raising efforts to support UN Women programs worldwide.
UN Women-USNC is able to fulfill this mission of education and fundraising through city chapters across the country.
The Metro NY Chapter, USNC for UN Women was founded in 1987 and is comprised of 200+ members across all ages and professions.