San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Monday the 14th of March kicks off the beginning of the 60th Session of the UN's Commission on the Status of Women (CSW). Representatives from Member States, UN entities and NGOs from all regions of the world will attend the session at United Nations Headquarters in New York City.
The Metro NY Chapter of the US National Committee for UN Women will host an evening reception following a panel discussion titled “The Perilous Journey of Women Refugees Worldwide." The two events will focus on the rising number of refugees and displaced persons and the innovative programs serving women in crisis.
Hosted by Mark and Lorry Newhouse, the reception will include remarks by Azadeh Khalili, Executive Director of Commission On Gender Equity, Office of Counsel to the Mayor, who will speak on New York City policies and programs that serve refugees and other immigrants. The program will also include appreciation of the Women’s Refugee Committee and Doctors Without Borders Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) for their decades of service to refugee and migrants around the globe.
Additionally, guests will enjoy wine and light fare.
Proceeds from ticket sales and donations will go towards UN Women
Special thanks to Brown-Forman, Champagne sponsor
What is the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW)?
- Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
- No, tickets are non-transferrable. Each attendee who wishes to join must register for a new ticket.
- Can I update my registration information?
- Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- Please either have your printed ticket or digital ticket available, or be ready to show your confirmation via your mobile device's email.
- What is the refund policy?
- The evening reception will not offer any refunds due to the nature of the fundraising event.
When & Where
Metro NY Chapter of the USNC for UN Women
Supporting UN Women locally. Improving the status of women worldwide.