CSUDH South Bay Economic Forecast
A Region in Transition: Game Changers
7:30 am to 8:30 am - Networking Breakfast
8:30 am to 11 am - Speaker Panel and Economic Forecast
The South Bay region is home to a growing number of established and emerging companies that are riding the new technology wave and creating futuristic products and services that will become “game-changing” influencers:
Fifth mode of transportation
Plant-based protein products
Commercial space transport
Low cost, high performance satellites
Artificial Intelligence, robots and more
How will these innovations disrupt their industries? Can policy regulators keep up to keep us safe with the rapidly changing technology?
The South Bay is also home to “game changing” sports and entertainment venues:
NFL / Rams Stadium
Porsche Experience Center
$150 million San Pedro Public Market development
What will these developments mean to the region? How will they affect the local economy, employment trends, real estate development?
The CSUDH South Bay Economic Forecast will deliver the answer to these questions and more.
- Frank Mottek | KNX1070 – Moderator
- Dr. Robert Kleinhenz, Economist & Executive Director of Research, Beacon Economics
South Bay Economic Forecast Report
- Dr. Jose Martinez, Co-Director Economic Institute, CSUDH
Migration of Low Income Wage Earners
- Dr. Fynnwinn Prager, Co-Director Economic Institute, CSUDH
South Bay Impact Model
GAME CHANGERS SPEAKER PANEL
- Scott Alderton, Partner, Stubbs Alderton & Markiles, LLP
Start Up Struggles / Policy vs. Technology
- The Hon. Joe Buscaino, Los Angeles City Council
$150 Million San Pedro Public Market Development
- Millenium Space Systems, Speaker TBD
Affordable Business Satellites
- Paul Jenkinson, Chief Financial Officer, Kite Pharma
Focused on the Cure
Who Should Attend: Business Leaders in the community, civic leaders, small business owners, major corporations and South Bay residents.
- $75 – Early Bird Individual Ticket – ends October 6th
- $500 – Early Bird Table of Ten – ends October 6th
Ticket rate includes complete breakfast, and the 2016-2017 South Bay Economic Forecast report produced by Beacon Economics.
**Tickets are not refundable but are transferable
All proceeds will benefit the College of Business Administration and Public Policy
Parking will be available in Lot 6.
For further information, contact Ceremonies & Events at (310)243-2666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.