San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- CSRS, Survivor Pension Options
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), the new Roth TSP option and the TSP options in retirement.
- Federal Employee Group Live and Federal Long Term Care Insurance Programs.
- Federal Employee Health Benefits and Medicare, as well as using your Federal Health Insurance in retirement.
- Social Security strategies and benefits to taking SS immediately or delaying for later, higher payment.
Presenter: Michael Nakashima, Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) and Chartered Federal Employee Benefits Consultant (ChFEBC). Mike has been training federal employees nationally since 2007 on the subject of maximizing their federal employee retirement benefits. As a CFP® and ChFEBC Mike is able to show you the value of your benefits from a financial planner and federal benefits expert’s perspective. Mike has been hired by the MN FEB as an instructor to educate participants on planning for retirement. This program is for educational purposes only and no financial services or products will be presented.
Lunch: Lunch is not provided. There are eating establishments nearby or you can bring your own lunch. The training facility has a refrigerator and microwave that attendees can use.
Reasonable Accommodation: Please notify the FEB at (612) 713-7200 or email Andria_Stegeman-Horwitz@ios.doi.gov if you have requested a reasonable accommodation from your agency.