The focus of this retreat is how to develop and manage successful member products and services that your member schools will actually pay for and that will create true sustainability for your association. We are seeing many associations launching products and services but are finding the actual efforts much more difficult than expected and the revenue lower than expected.
What you can expect at this retreat is:
1. We will connect with you prior to the retreat to identify specific member product and service issues you would like to address. (e.g. conferences, training, group purchasing, consulting, back office, membership dues, and etc.)
2. Specific strategies and feedback for your association's plans that you can implement
3. Exposure to best practices and mistakes to avoid
4. Networking with your Charter Association peers
5. Significant improvement in your financial sustainability performance from earned income
If you have attended prior retreats, you will be able to use this retreat to add-on to your knowledge and drill deeper into your specific issues. Looking forward to see everyone. Please register ASAP if you are considering attending as we will be limiting the number of associations represented to 5.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - Arrive evening. 7pm Cocktail Mixer
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:30 am to 5:00pm Session. Have breakfast in your hotel. We will have light morning refreshments, lunch on site, and afternoon refreshments. We will be going out for dinner 7pm.
Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:30 am to 4:00pm Session. Optional private consultation sessions in afternoon. Have breakfast in your hotel. We will have light morning refreshments, lunch on site, and afternoon refreshments. Plan for departure flights in evening or spend a day or two extra in beautiful southern California.
All the following hotels are within a few blocks of our meeting location. Book directly with the hotel of your choice and taste:
Airport--highly recommended to fly into the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). 15-30 minute cab ride to Santa Monica.
Business casual. Weather should be quite warm when we go out but the buildings will be heavily air conditioned.