Sign up today for the Scrum Elements CSM Course!
Spend your two days of class actually DOING Scrum! This unique class is designed to offer you two strong advantages over traditional classes:
- You will spend almost the entire class performing Scrum. Most training will happen as you apply more and more of the Scrum framework to the simulation, but be prepared to learn on your feet, while actually being on a Scrum team!
- The class chooses which piece of Scrum we will implement next! There are eleven separate Scrum elements; from roles to artifacts to events. Since every group learns differently, we offer the class the opportunity to choose which elements to add to our simulations and in what order. This added flexibility is designed to enhance the learning experience for everyone.
During this course you will learn about the following topics:
- The Three Roles: (Product Owner, Scrum Master, Development Team) These three roles are the only ones formally defined by Scrum. Collectively, they contain the necessary responsibilities to build an independent self-managing team. Learn how they work together: sometimes complimenting, sometimes offsetting each other.
- The Three Artifacts: (Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Increment) Follow the development and progress of a piece of work all the way through the Scrum process. See how each artifact helps define a simple but effect workflow.
- The Five Events: (The Sprint, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective) These events are where the Roles and the Artifacts interact with each other, and provide the backbone to the Scrum framework. Learn which Roles and Artifacts interact at which Event.
- The Five Scrum Values: (Focus, Openness, Respect, Courage, Commitment) These Values are what converts Scrum from just another set of business practices to something capable of transforming the world of work. Throughout the class you’ll examine each one in detail, learning about how that Value is an indispensable part of Scrum.
At the end of this highly interactive class you will have all of the required knowledge and skills to pass the CSM test and start working as a Scrum Master.