NOTE: You are encouraged to bring your laptop if you have one - it will help with demonstrations and hands-on exercises.
With all the news about government prying into our personal lives without warrants or probably cause in our increasingly digital world, now is the time to learn about your options for privacy and security.
We will talk about these topics and more:
- Your digital fingerprints online
- Securing files on your computer and in the cloud with TrueCrypt
- Using Tor to make your Internet use private
- Encrypting & signing email and documents to ensure privacy & authenticity
- Bitcoins & Cryptocurrencies
- Free software - what it is and the benefits of using it
This event is free and open to the public, and designed to increase awareness and empower people to take back their right to privacy and security, as protected by the 4th Amendment to the Constitution.
Presented by Lowell Makes in conjunction with area experts on digital privacy and security.