Crowds 2.0: New Frontiers in Crowdfunding + Crowdsourcing
Friday, May 9, 2014 from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM (EDT)
CROWDFUNDING + CROWDSOURCING SYMPOSIUM
Sponsored by the NYU Stern Center for Business Analaytics + Magnet Media
Crowdfunding and crowdsourcing continue to disrupt and transform markets, offering unique access to capital, talent and investment opportunities. What is next for crowdfunding and crowdsourcing? Industry and faculty experts share cutting edge research and best practices.
Join speakers from Appirio / topcoder, Carlson School of Management, Center for Urban Science + Progress, CrowdFlower, Crowdnetic, GiveForward, Harvard Business School, Indiegogo, Kickstarter, Launch Angels, NYU Stern School of Business, Plum Alley, RockthePost, Rotman School of Management, Wharton Business School
If you can't join us in person, hop on to our live Google Hangout. For Google Hangout details and more information:
- How will equity crowdfunding accelerate global economic growth? How can entrepreneurs and funders better understand the risks associated with crowdfunding?
- What are some key investor and entrepreneur behavioral patterns in crowdfunding markets? How do factors like geography, word-of-mouth and anonymity play a role in influencing outcomes?
- How do organizations engage with the open innovation that crowdsourcing inspires?
- Are there better techniques for matching employers with the most skilled employees?
- What can we learn from the bottom-up funding approach that results in better access to capital for women and entrepreneurs in diverse global locations?
- A valid ID is required to enter the building.
- Questions? Contact Mandy Osborne - firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
NYU Stern Center for Business Analytics + Magnet Media
ABOUT THE CENTER FOR BUSINESS ANALYTICS
The Center for Business Analytics is a cutting edge research center, and an interdisciplinary community at the forefront of data and analytical thinking. We are thought leaders in the world of data science, blended with business strategy. We create value and opportunity by sparking collaboration among faculty, students, alumni and industry partners related to the strategies, methodologies and critical thinking that inspires data driven decision-making.
ABOUT MAGNET MEDIA
Magnet Media is the market leader in providing strategic and creative content solutions for brands. We specialize in telling brands’ stories by producing and syndicating compelling video and interactive content through social platforms to share their stories, reach and engage their target audiences, and ultimately drive actions that deliver business results. Our strategic and creative capabilities have kept us at the forefront of digital media for over 13 years, working with top worldwide brands to help them derive true business value from content solutions. Our clients include Google, NBC, DreamWorks Animation, Amazon, Xbox, Showtime, Microsoft, ABC, The Associated Press, and many other world-class brands. For more information, visit www.magnetmediafilms.com.