This Saturday, CrisisCamp will bring together volunteers to collaborate on technology projects which aim to assist in Haiti's relief efforts by providing data, information, maps and technical assistance to NGOs, relief agencies and the public.
This event is free and open to the public. You don't have to be technical to volunteer time.
- Base layer map for Port Au Prince: This project would create a new collection of imagery and a new base map for NGOs and relief agencies. Post available imagery to share with the public for open source applications.
- Family locator systems: Uniting efforts of interested technologists, developers and communications experts to provide technical assistance.
- Tech Volunteer Skill Matrix/Volunteers: Create a role of volunteer as well as
- Managing News Aggregator: Provide content channel management to coordinate data feeds
- Defining the Collective: Create what we are and why we are doing this. Coordinate and post historical timeline/archive for the CrisisCamp efforts.
CrisisCamp will bring together domain experts, developers, and first responders around improving technology and practice for humanitarian crisis management and disaster relief.
CrisisCommons Wiki: http://crisiscommons.org/wiki/index.php?title=Haiti/2010_Earthquake
When & Where
Freelancers Union is a membership organization that provides benefits, resources, and advocacy for 350,000 independent workers nationwide. To learn more or join, visit freelancersunion.org. Membership is free.