Actions and Detail Panel
Crisis Intervention for Children- Seats going fast-Book today!
Thu, Jun 15, 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, Jun 16, 2017, 5:00 PM EDT
CISM Application with Children-! June 15 & 16th TTD$1800. Certificate, meals & manuals included.
Traumatic events involving children disturb and confuse both the children involved and the adult responders. Our children deserve the opportunity to heal from the frightening complications of childhood trauma. This course explores the developmental considerations and children’s trauma response from infancy through adolescence. Preventive, intervention and recovery strategies will assist the adult responding to traumatized children. This course will provide a venue for adults to gain comfort in their capability to assist traumatized children through a discussion of crisis management principles and the necessary modifications for children. Self-care for adult caregivers who recognize the need to heal our children is emphasized. Adults working with traumatized children must deal with their feelings of inadequacy as they seek to assist a child in crisis. Most adults do not feel prepared to deal with the intense reactions of children. Parents, caregivers, educators, crisis management professionals and emergency service CISM peer team members can benefit from the preventive and intervention guidelines and practical crisis management strategies offered in this course.
- Recognizing high-risk traumatized children
- Partnership opportunities within the community
- Assessment considerations with the traumatized child
- Trauma and grief symptomatology
- Developmental considerations pertinent to the traumatized child
- Correct and ethical crisis intervention sensitive to a child
- Development of crisis response plans
- Adolescent suicide deaths and appropriate crisis response
- Parental, family and community influences
- Implications on caring adults when working with traumatized children
Completion of “CISM Application with Children” and receipt of a certificate indicating full attendance (14 Contact Hours) qualifies as a course in ICISF’s Certificate of Specialized Training Program.
Email us to book your seat and make a downpayment at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 223-4357
Our ICISF Speaker- Balboni, PsyD, EMT IC, B. Anne