The mission of this ride is to support the development of the Crepe Myrtle Trail and other multi-use path initiatives in Mobile!
From a survey conducted after last year’s ride, we have made several ride upgrades, which are making the ride safer, more enjoyable, and will raise money that will go towards the creation of a Crepe Myrtle Trail. Here are few changes that are happening this year:
(1) Helmets are now required for this event. This includes all humans, including those smaller ones that might ride in trailers and ride-a-longs,
(2) registration is $10 for people ages 13 and up.
(3) children 8-12 are free (see info about kids below), and
(4) the new, official turn-around spot is McNally Park.
**Event Timing - April 1st, 2017**
Late Registration: 7:30 am
- Starts at Arlington Park (1814 15th St S)
- Location Link: https://goo.gl/maps/DvoSDCKtvTy
- Early registration is through March 30: $10 - ages 13 and up.
- Same day Registration (on April 1): $15
- Riders age 8-12 are FREE
- Tickets are limited to 500 riders - get yours while you can!
- Register: http://www.crepemyrtleride.com/
- Proceeds from this ride will go towards operating costs of the ride, and towards the design and construction of a Crepe Myrtle Trail.
- This year, HELMETS ARE REQUIRED for all riders - there are no exceptions.
- Children in towed trailers and on "ride-a-longs" are permitted, but only with proper safety gear (helmets, seat belts, etc.)
- For safety considerations of all riders, bike riders under age 8 are not allowed - sorry kids!
- Children in towed trailers and on "ride-a-longs" are permitted, but only with proper safety gear (helmets, seat belts, etc.).
- Children should be experienced riders and be able enough to ride the full 10.6 miles in potentially warm weather or an oncoming wind.
- PARENTS OR GUARDIANS MUST REMAIN WITH CHILDREN DURING THE ENTIRE RIDE.
- Riders that fall behind will be picked up and transported back to Arlington Park.
- No training wheels allowed.
- Length: 10.6 Miles (with stops)
- Route Map: https://www.strava.com/routes/7524111
Beginner Friendly Pace (8-12mph)
$20 in advance ($25 day of as supplies last) can be purchased during the registration process and picked up on the day of the event.
**Sponsors and Supporters**
This ride is sponsored by AIRBUS, made possible by Mobile United, and with immense help from many other organizations including Alabama Coastal Foundation, Bicyclemobile.org, City of Mobile: Parks & Recreation, Delta Bike Project, Dog River Clearwater Revival, Downtown Mobile Alliance, Mobile Airport Authority,Mobile Area Water & Sewer System (MAWSS), Mobile Baykeeper, Mobile County Health Department - MCHD, since 1816, TEAM SHERIFF, Partners for Environmental Progress (PEP), Team Share the Road, The Peninsula of Mobile, and the USA Foundation.