This seminar is designed to give the attendees both an understanding of the major areas of their financial life and a plan of action. Each attendee will receive a real-world approach and understanding of the areas that affect their financial situation.
1. Introduction to personal finance and re-evaluating current societal norms
2. Laying a basic foundation - checking & savings accounts; avoiding fees
3. Budgeting - Where are you leaking funds?
4. Housing/Real Estate - What are your limits? The ABCs of buying a home
5. Mortgages - Rates, amortization, refinance, HELOC, margin and points
6. Transportation - How owning a car can cost you $4,000,000
7. Colleges & Universities - Big business!! Admissions, financial aid, bursar, registrar, academic advising, student loan foregiveness, cancelation, discharge & IBR
8. Credit Education - What are the components of your credit score? How to manage, improve and maintain your score; What is the financial impact of your credit score?
9. Debt elimination - Where to start and how to become debt-free
10. Life Insurance - Whole vs Term
11. Investments - understanding compound interest