CreatorCamp Ottawa 2012: exploring the creative process across disciplines, be it audio, video, fabric arts, cooking, woodworking, photography, sculpture, painting, poetry, stories, books, etc...
CreatorCamp has one organizing principle… sessions MUST be about creating something (and by CREATING, we don’t mean revenue, audience, market share, connections, Twitter-followers). Sessions will showcase the creative process and highlight key lessons and ideas that can be applied to any creative project.
- What: CreatorCamp Ottawa 2012
- Date: Sunday, November 18, 2012
- Time: 6pm to 9pm (logistical announcements beginning at 5:45pm)
- Where: Pressed, 750 Gladstone Avenue (map)
- Capacity: 60 people max
- Cost: FREE (Participants raised $215.85 for Ottawa Food Bank)
- Hashtag: #CCyow2012
Talks will focus on creativity, creative process and creative projects and will be geared to helping the audience discover new ideas and approaches to their own creative pursuits.
SCHEDULE (order of speakers subject to change without notice)
5:45-6:00 Welcome, logistics, introductions, fundraising collection, etc..
6:00-6:30 Sergio Guerra: Going In
6:30-7:00 Little Ray: On creating worlds and experiences
7:00-7:30 Tracey Vibert: Bellywood: Creating dance, fusing cultures and styles
7:30-8:00 Shawn MacDonell: Life gets boring when you leave the crayons behind
8:00-8:30 Tania Carriere:
8:30-9:00 Derek DeBeer: On interactive creativity
The rules are pretty much the same as any other “camp” event.
- Create an event YOU would like to attend
- All attendees must be treated equally and be allowed to participate (subject to limitations of physical space).
- All content created must be released under a Creative Commons license
- All sessions must obey the Law of 2 Feet (if you’re not getting what you want out of the session, you can and should quietly walk out and do something else)
- The financials of a CreatorCamp must be fully disclosed in an open ledger, except for any donor/sponsor who wishes to remain anonymous.
When & Where
Calling all creators — anyone who cooks meals, makes quilts, produces videos, paints, writes books, designs spaces, composes music, sculpts, takes pictures, etc… CreatorCamp, is an event that celebrates and explores the creative part of creative pursuits. Sessions showcase the creative process and highlight key lessons and ideas that can be applied to any creative project.
CreatorCamp has one organizing principle… sessions MUST be about creating something (and by CREATING, we don’t mean revenue, audience, market share, connections, Twitter-followers).