Creating Next Generation Workplaces - Setting Up A Virtual Workplace Plan
Thursday, June 6, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This HR compliance training will clearly explain how you can adapt compliant HR best practices in setting up a virtual workplace plan. It will discuss the key elements, dos and don’ts of effective HR program implementation in a virtual workplace environment.
Why Should You Attend:
Technology at lightning speed continues to reduce the global gap and virtual workplaces are everywhere as an expectation and is even used in some companies as a way to reduce overhead costs. Some employees have never known any kind of workplace but a virtual one. Working virtually has overnight become so mainstream that in some respects you're almost considered "old school" if your business doesn't at least allow it for some jobs.
But as more and more employees flood into a hodgepodge of largely individually negotiated work "agreements", the problems can begin. It seemed easy - employees could just work in a different place, but actually it turned out to be a different way of working. So as they say - fail to plan, then plan to fail.
This HR compliance webinar will discuss in detail the compliance hotspots and considerations of different HR laws implementation in a virtual environment. From job identification issues, existing policy revisions, clarifying performance expectations, having to plan communications, and different methods of employee selection, it will cover all important matters that need careful consideration and planning in a virtual workforce.
It will help attendees to identify how to foster teamwork between people who never traditionally meet or even seen each other.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- They Did WHAT? Compliance hot spots and considerations; exempt/non-exempt timekeeping, FMLA, safety, data security and more.
- Not all high performance translates to a virtual workplace - identifying virtual high performers, both new hires and within existing employees.
- Out of sight doesn't have to equal out of mind. Managing performance from afar through objectives and expectations.
- Reorganizing current virtual arrangements and setting up processes for new ones. Tips for transitioning workforces.
- When "working in your pajamas" doesn't. Pitfalls of virtual workplaces.
- Making time to communicate. Dos and Don'ts for a virtual manager.
- How to foster teamwork between people who never traditionally met or even seen each other.
- How to move people back to a traditional workplace or move them on.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.